Another Killer Haul at Lowes in Clarksville

teejay2039(7a)July 1, 2010

Man, i really need to stop going to Lowe's when I get off work at 7:00 am! i pass right by on my way home from work & I get there when they're putting out the clearance plants..... and i'm fast running out of yard space!!

LOL

Last week I got 27 white lilies, (yes, 27) 2 red ones, and 12 Penstemon for $1 EACH, along with 3 knock-out rose bushes for $5 each. Thought I was done. Stopped today to get ONE May Night Salvia (to replace one i lost last week d/t over-watering), and the clearance rack started screaming my name b4 I even made it out of the car!

I scooped up 3 Blue Mirror Delphinium, 3 Heleboros, 2 Moreno black eyes Susans, 2 Meringue coneflower, and 1 Pink double Delight coneflower..... ALL FOR $1.00 EACH!!!!!!! A LOUSY DOLLAR!!! ARE THEY INSANE??? LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cottagegirl_tn(7b)

Sounds like Utopia to me. I also succumb to the mystical powers of the Lowe's clearance rack. Anytime I find a decent perennial for $1 it's going home with me. Congrats!

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 11:20PM
karenrf

I hit the clearance racks here in Knoxville too. Don't ya just love a bargin!!!!
But they aren't marking them down as much here as at your store. Yet.

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 12:08AM
cottagegirl_tn(7b)

We recently vacationed in St. Louis and I hit a Lowe's there...got 3 evergreens for $1, some variegated yucca for 3.62 and a pygmy barberry for 4.25 (reg. 16.50!) I was esp. thrilled over the $1 evergreens...last winter when the yard was devoid of a green leaf I was wishing I had more. What better way to do it on the cheap.

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
Evergreen trees with large leaves
I'm seeing them all around and wonder what they are?...
ryseryse_2004
Reclaiming my yard
Hello I'm a new homeowner and new to the forums. I'm...
lwash931
Project for Community Center
I just recently became aware of an opportunity to help...
forthechildren
**** Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap ****
The Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap will be held...
brandon7 TN_zone
vegetables/herbs in Tennessee
What are you planting now? What have you already...
ryseryse_2004
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™