Sad News about Laura a.k.a Madmouser

krikitJuly 29, 2010

To all who know and love Laura please go to the link and see the message posted by her sister Mary. I don't know anything more than what is there. I am so very saddened by this loss.

Frances

Here is a link that might be useful: Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Probably most everyone that attended the East Tennessee Plant Swap knew Laura, but, in case you didn't, she was the one that built and maintained our website and sent out many of the direct emails about the swap. She really did a lot of work behind the scenes, and her passing will be a huge loss to many of us on Gardenweb and those involved in the ETPS.

Bookmark   July 29, 2010 at 10:39PM
tlfox(7b-8a)

I had only met her at the spring swap - and she was so nice. I am sad to hear this news...I know she will be missed by many.

Bookmark   July 30, 2010 at 2:04AM
maternut(7 west tn)

Met her many years ago at mid tn. plant swap. Still have some plants I got from her. Was happy to cross paths with the lady. So sorry to hear this.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 2:05AM
krikit

Yes, Laura was a super fun person and incredibly talented - she gave so much to so many folks. And, for those who don't know, she designed, maintained and hosted the Knoxville Plant Swap website that we so enjoyed. Her passing is a tremendous loss not only to those of us who knew her through the plant swaps but to the many other lives she touched. Thank you all for your kind sentiments.

Bookmark   August 9, 2010 at 1:32PM
bigorangevol(Nashville)

I'm so sorry to hear this! It's terrible when we lose one of our own and especially when it is someone that has been such an integral part of the swaps. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 7:13PM
More Discussions
Evergreen trees with large leaves
I'm seeing them all around and wonder what they are?...
ryseryse_2004
Growing Grapes in Tennessee
In hopes of getting some conversation going in our...
brandon7 TN_zone
Grading/Leveling recommendations
We're looking to grade and landscape our backyard,...
elsten
A couple of palms almost grew in Knoxville
This past year, a new Holiday Inn appeared on Papermill...
anntn6b
plants to give away.
I live in Ringgold, GA near Chattanooga. I have some...
mrlynn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™