OT Worlds largest portable chipper shredder

jbest123(Zone 5 PA)December 5, 2008

There are times that you just have to timber. I posted the story with video in my journal. You will see what is supposed to be the worldÂs largest "portable" chipper at work. I wonder how long it would take EG to fill his compost bins with one.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sinfonian(U8b A2 S5 SeaWA)

Wow, beats my mini chipper I have that chips 1.5 inch diameter branches at most.

Shame about all that wood. Never caught what they did with all that sawdust.

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 11:15PM
jbest123(Zone 5 PA)

Some went to Westhouser for flake-board but most went to Canada for paper products.

John

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 11:46PM
engineeredgarden(7, nw Alabama)

That's a really big chipper, John!

EG

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 12:44AM
medontdo(8)

i've got some tree's they can have!! don't like them very much!!
my brother Jared works for a saw mill. in oregon. thats where i'd love to end up moving. but then again, i'd miss my hubs, **onery grinn** Hee Hee
but really, where he is, its a zone 7 i believe, now how cool is that? right now, i'm a zone 5a, so that would be soooooo warm!! but i don't know about all the rain!! whats the weird thing, is its not nearly as humid as it is here!! how in the world is that possible??
oh well its just awesome!! **BIG SmiLE** ~Medo

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 1:14AM
carolynp(z7)

You'd love Oregon medo. It's like the shire in LOTR. Everyone has a garden. It's funny, if you get on an elevator and want to start a conversation, you just say, what are you growing this year in your garden, and six people all start talking at once. Everywhere except Portland, that is, but I understand Portland will be annexed by Washington state this year. Good riddance!

Bookmark   December 6, 2008 at 12:30PM

Hehe, Carolyn. Though Portland is great, you can keep it.

In Seattle, I would say it's one in 20ish garden. But I think that's because it's a big city more than anything. I could really get used to everyone having a garden though.

When we did a ice breaker at the parent gathering at preschool, five of the 30 families gardened. Not bad huh?

Oh and John, that's great that the chips went to good use! Don't know why I didn't connect that that was YOU. Wow! Much more impressive now. hehe.

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 3:45AM
jbest123(Zone 5 PA)

sinfonian, I am working on another one. It is from my camping days and shows putting in feed plots for deer with less than desirable equipment. I had to decrypt a DVD I had made and do some serious editing. I would be too cyber embarrassed to show most of it, whatever the hell that means. ;o)

John

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 4:35AM

Just saw it, very impressive! So the food was all for animals, that is just plain cool! Very nice of you guys. And all you get in return is one buck or so a year. Great idea to grow the herd!

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 9:24PM
medontdo(8)

now how far are you from roseburgh?? that is where he lives. that's where i'd wanta be, LOL cuz hubs'd have to do all the driving, and ya know, i ain't about to start now. LOL
what's an el ev ator?? **grinn** man those things are unagreeable to my tummy!! ever since i had the girl! i used to have to go up in the elevator when i was pregnant with her, and it never failed, i got really sick, every single time!! LOL so now i get quizzy. hubs thinks its really funny! so to make him think every things just fine, i just hold the bar really tight, LOL crazy man!! LOL ~Medo

Bookmark   December 8, 2008 at 1:37AM
More Discussions
Corn in sfg-how deep do roots need to grow?
My sfg is only 4x4. I plan this season, only using...
growingup
Sub Irrigation Planter
I've read two ways to build these. One with gravel...
tedeboy
Mighty Matos / Mighty Veggies and SFG
Does anyone here have experience with SFG and Mighty...
tafountain
First attempt at squire foot gardening
Hey everyone! I would like to thank this forum for...
citrusweekendwarrior
Lateral space for dripline irrigation in square foot garden?
Hello! I'm pretty new to square foot gardening and...
poppenschmaltz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™