The July (vegetable) garden

wonderpets(7 TN)July 14, 2009

This is my second year gardening, unless you count one year with tomato plants when we lived in GA. I helped my dad in his garden growing up, but I don't remember many of the details.

That being said, I was wondering what you are doing in the garden right now? Other than harvesting cucumbers and checking for ripe tomatoes.

Most of my garden went in around mother's day, so I'm getting cucumbers, pole beans, and zuchini. Any day now, the tomatoes should start turning. My yellow bell peppers are teasing me -- one has several fruit. And I have one little watermelon growing on a volunteer vine.

Even though I'm just now harvesting what's out there, it seems like it's time to make some plans for the fall garden.

Gena

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dvtown(6b)

I picked a cantaloupe yesterday and am salivating over two 'Moon and Stars' watermelons that look close to picking! I've been picking cherry tomatoes all over, and a couple larger slicing tomatoes. The squash is about done, I need to plant more but the borers keep getting them. It's getting close to time to start planting for fall so I'm planning where to put things.

Bookmark   July 15, 2009 at 9:24AM
More Discussions
Grading/Leveling recommendations
We're looking to grade and landscape our backyard,...
elsten
Please ID this plant grown in Nashville, TN
Hello folks!, I brought this plant back to LA (Cali)...
lizzieroux
New Gardener Looking for Help :D
Hey guys, I'm just an average teenager looking to get...
GardenerLee
Japanese Maple Autumn Moon
I would like to know if anyone knows of a nursery in...
alan_ill
Japanese Beetle traps & Milky Spore?
I think I read a post on one of the rose forums where...
krikit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™