The Chelsea Show

spage1(7)January 9, 2006

A friend and I are considering going to the Show this May. I have always wanted to go but want to be sure it is worth the cost. I am a gardner as well but nothing to the extinct of others. I find the Georgia red clay a real challenge but adapting. Anyway, if any of you that have been could give me some insight I would appreciate it. Are there other gardens that are as good? How long does it take to see most of the Chelsea gardens? Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Bill_zone6(W. Pa)

Hi spage1, It has been a few years ago when we went to Chelsea. The lines are long; tickets are over sold. But well worth the effort to see the grand presentation.

If you are considering Chelsea, then you are really talking of London and its surrounds. London is a terrific vacation, thou a bit expensive. The trains, buses, and underground give the locale an easy place to visit. But be sure to purchase your travel passes before leaving (see internet). "Cheap Sleeps" can locate you an adequate bed and breakfast. "Cheap Eats" can show you where the food is fair, well prepared, and plentiful.

Museums art galleries, palaces, river excursions, London has it all.

The Chelsea Physic Garden (or a name close) is wonderful but may be busy with the show. And there is always Kew, a short boat ride up river. How about a day by train to Sissinghurst Manor? The possibilities are endless.

Please report back, all will be pleased to hear of your adventure.

Bookmark   January 11, 2006 at 6:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bellarosa(z5/IL)

My husband and I went last year to the Chelsea Garden Show. I would recommend that you consider joining the Royal Horticulture Society, because then you can get into the show a day earlier and beat the crowds. Also, the RHS has a beautiful garden in Wisley - easy to get to by train. As for the Chelsea Garden Show, there's so much to see that one day is not enough time! Don't forget to wear comfortable shoes, a light jacket and sunglasses! It was a little cloudy and cool in the morning, but then it got sunny and very warm by afternoon. Have a great time!

Bookmark   January 29, 2006 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
Garden Tour in East Hampton
I went on the annual garden tour in East Hampton benefiting...
jclay321
plants in Peru
Dear friends, Let me give you some special information. I...
Miguel Flores
Visiting Tacoma area and looking for things to do /visit
Hello Gardening Friends out west! I am coming out your...
rosebacopa2
Urban Camping: Angel Island, San Francisco CA
I laughed out loud reading this article! I donÂt know...
jkom51
Flight phobia?
I hate to flight through plane. It is so scary to me....
rosessecretgarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™