Espalier pictures?

florascapes(z5 MA)October 23, 2003

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you has a great picture of an unusual espalier I could exhibit in a class I have on Tues 10/28? I'm also in the process of checking around with books, mags and images on the web, but haven't found much.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Barbara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ianna(Z5b)

Hi I also tried searching for photos on the web and have had very little luck at all. There are many books however that deal with the subject. This website http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/MG273 discusses the subject and shows diagrams. I copied the URL directly but it doesn't seem to work out. You can find this site by using google search and typing in espaliers. Unfortunately, this site doesn't show examples.

Ianna

Bookmark   October 27, 2003 at 1:21PM
ianna(Z5b)

this is a trifle late for your class, but I just discovered the article today. It's an article in the country living garden magazine titled Think Thin.

Ianna

ttp://magazines.ivillage.com/countryliving/garden/your/articles/0,,284660_531933,00.html

Bookmark   November 3, 2003 at 1:50PM
jderosa(z6 NJ)

Too late for you, but look for photos on line of the 'Tree Circus' in california - don't remember the city. Very odd growths induced, including a telephonbe booth, cathedral windows and more, if I remember correctly.

Joe

Bookmark   November 18, 2003 at 8:56AM
greenlaurel

Barbara,
Try searching "arborsculpture" online - you will find related photos. The book by Richard Reames "How to Grow a Chair" is also described online - sounds interesting!
I would like to find a Canadian supplier for this book.

- Laurel

Bookmark   December 16, 2003 at 1:52PM
More Discussions
Where to find topiary forms
Does anyone know where to purchase wreath frames and...
Linda3527
what can I use for a Minnesota hardy evergreen topiary in pots
I'd like to have 2 topiaries flank my front porch pillars...
Ameliak
Arborsculpture
Not exactly topiary, but close enough. I've been thinking...
ThatAdeniumGuy
Coprosma Tequila Sunrise
Can Coprosma Tequila Sunrise be trimmed in a round/ball...
PFCMCL
Eugenia Topiary as gift
I received a Eugenia topiary as a gift. What do I do...
titchou
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™