Seattle garden visits

lisa703(7)March 15, 2007

I've enjoyed researching on this forum for an upcoming sisters weekend in Seattle and have a few questions.

I'm confused about Heronswood. is it gone, or just going? if going, can we visit?

We're flying in and out of Seattle, renting a car, and have 3 or 4 days for garden viewing. Is it better to stay in Seattle, or do you recommend a circle a route out and return? Where would you recommend staying as a mid-point? thanks for these and any other thoughts you may have to share with us.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mary Palmer

Unfortunately Heronswood is no longer open for visits. The property is for sale see: http://pnhc.org/
There are some other great gardens to visit such as the Dunn Garden and the Miller garden. They are close to each other and both require advance appointments to view. There is the Blodel Reserve and Little and Lewis Garden, both on Bainbridge Island. Not sure about the Blodel but you need an appoint. for the Little and Lewis garden. They may be able to give you leads on other gardens on the Island you might be able to see. You might also contact the Northwest Horticultural Society for other options. I have supplied a link below for photos of Heronswood. There are also many other private gardens on my photosharing site. Happy travels!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://public.fotki.com/BambooMary/my_green_house/botanical_gardens/heronswood_visits/

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 11:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisa703(7)

thank you

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 9:49PM
More Discussions
Backpacking through Central America
New to this site. 63, recently retired, not super strong...
steve2416
Traveling by plane with plants/seedlings
Hey everyone! I'm a novice gardener who's going to...
Noteybook
Italy
I will be going to Italy in two weeks. What gardens...
jenniew
San Diego gardens and lodging?
Hi, I am planning a winter trip to San Diego! Any suggestions...
tarilyns
Urban Camping: Angel Island, San Francisco CA
I laughed out loud reading this article! I donÂt know...
jkom51
Sponsored Products
LSU Tigers Personalized Tooth Pillow
$15.99 | zulily
Wooden Stepladder
$89.00 | FRONTGATE
Glass by Nameeks ACC019401 Eden Round Deck Mounted Tub Filler Faucet with Hand S
Hayneedle
Pacific Living Outdoor Fire Pits 32 in. Desert Tan Mid-size Wood Burning
Home Depot
Green Ceramic Cascade Solar Fountain
SerenityHealth
No-dig Mounting System
Grandin Road
Brushed Nickel Contemporary Table Lamp (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Ackerman Spray and Blue Rectangle: 5 Ft. In. x 8 Ft. In. Area Rug
$176.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™