Travel to Europe, England

Bill_zone6(W. Pa)March 14, 2001

What a shame with the mad cow, and now the hoof and mouth. Is this going to alter anyone's plans to travel this season? I have thought about it and put it on hold for now. But if one had reservations, what to do?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dariaco_hotmail_com

I just bought tickets to England for May. I will be very disappointed if I can't hike anywhere, but I'm hoping for the best. If all the countryside is still closed, I think there is still enough to do in towns, and cities. Or maybe I'll catch a ferry over to Ireland.

Bookmark   March 21, 2001 at 12:39PM
leonora

Hi - hope you won't be put off by the scare stories - you can always come to London, or another city, there are lots of gardens, parks etc!! And Chelsea Flower Show is in May....if you'd like to e-mail me privately, I'll give you some more info about gardens in London.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jane's gardening page

Bookmark   April 23, 2001 at 10:58AM
rosies1_picknowl_com_au

We were in UK in the recent months, and visited Chelsea. I have never been in such a crowd ever, anywhere, and this really spoilt it for us.
We also visited Sissinghurst, in Kent, and would thoroughly recommend this to anyone as a not to be missed garden treat. It was a day trip from Victoria (bus) and we also went to Longbarn first, which was Victoria Sackville-West's first garden. Both are well worth a visit.
Incidentally, we had no trouble, or inconvenience from the foot and mouth, and were not prevented from going anywhere we wanted to. Tickets for this were purchased in Australia before departure.

Bookmark   July 27, 2001 at 2:48AM
More Discussions
Flowers bloom in late summer
Flowers that bloom in late summer, as well as a few...
flowerstore
Italy
I will be going to Italy in two weeks. What gardens...
jenniew
San Diego gardens and lodging?
Hi, I am planning a winter trip to San Diego! Any suggestions...
tarilyns
Botanical Gardens in Arizona?
Hello Garden Web!! I'm thinking about doing a little...
claire44
Traveling over holiday times
Is it a really dumb idea to travel during, for instance,...
rob333
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™