gardens in and around Nashville TN?

Mary LambMarch 18, 2000

I'm going to be visiting my daughter in Nashville around the first of April. Are there any gardens to visit, nurseries or parks to check out, etc? I know about Cheekwood, but I am unfamiliar with Nashville generally. I'd appreciate any advice about up-coming plant sales, too, so I can advise my daughter. Unfortunately, I won't still be there for the perennial sale on April 15. I'll be back in Seattle for the Master Gardener's and the Northwest Perennial Alliance sales.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Paul Snoad

I live in Greenville, SC and I do landscaping here in town.
I'll be coming to Nashville to help a friend landscape his yard. Can you suggest a quality nursery or nurseries in the Nashville area? Also, do you know if tea olive does well in your area? Any suggestions would be a great help. My friend is "plant dumb"

Thanks

Bookmark   March 20, 2001 at 4:12PM
Mac_garden_imp(Z7 GA)

Try BOTANIQUE: Gardens, Arboreta and Nature Sites at http://66.201.87.81/. You can search for gardens by city and state. Bontanique listed Cheekwood Botanical Gardens, Gaylord Opryland Hotel, Grassmere Wildlife Park, Scarritt-Bennett Center and The Hermitage.

BOTANIQUE: Gardens, Arboreta and Nature Sites
Tour Gardens and Arboreta Navigation Page allows viewer to select US or Canada by map or list on Botanique. ... 545 Beech Creek Road S. Brentwood, TN 37027-3431 ... Dixon Gallery & Gardens. 4339 Park Avenue. Memphis, TN 38117-4626 ...

Here is a link that might be useful: BOTANIQUE: Gardens, Arboreta and Nature Sites

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 9:37PM
AnnaNashville

Radnor Lake is a great park for spring wildflowers. Nashville Herb Society has an herb-plus sale that I think is on April 8 this year. Google for their website for details. Get there early! It is a very popular event.

Bookmark   March 4, 2006 at 11:19AM
irisaddict(6b/7 TN)

Cheekwood - best part is probably the wildflower area. Make sure you make it to the Japanese Garden. Not that it is outstanding, it is just easy to go to the garden and totally miss it.

The perennial Plant Sale is April 1st (remember April Fool's Day) at the fairground, not the location it used to be. I don't know what sale is on the 15th, but I would like to know. If you are still here the next weekend, you should check out the Bloomin Garden Expo in Franklin. info at http://www.wcmga.net/2006_expo.htm

I would love to swap something in my yard for Holmquist hazelnuts from Pikes Market. Let me know if you would be interested.

Hope you enjoy your visit,
Evelyn

Bookmark   March 20, 2006 at 12:36PM
More Discussions
Traveling over holiday times
Is it a really dumb idea to travel during, for instance,...
rob333
Hippeastrum species
Perhaps I have a very cheeky question, but I'll try...
ton2
1 photo: Monterey CA protea
Even here in coastal Northern CA, we do get frost days...
jkom51
elderly traveler
I want an opinion from older person who is somewhat...
finchelover
suggestions for Japan trip
Greetings, I have 4 days on my own in Tokyo before...
Juliana63
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™