traveling with plants?

rosessecretgardenJune 11, 2010

hey all!

Do you remember traveling with plants? Was that successful? Do you want to share how and what did you travel with?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

What kind of traveling? In a car... My job used to consist of driving around all day, as far as 4 hours from home, and I would succumb to visiting almost any place selling plants, buying way too many by summer's end. Keep a spray bottle in case something gets too dry before you get home. Misting the dirt will not cause drainage overflow like pouring can. On the floor of the backseat is the best place. The backseat is not bad if you put the seatbelt on. What a mess if you have to slam-on brakes and send a plant flying through your car. The floor of the front seat can be too cold if you have the a/c blasting. Leave windows cracked if you have to park, and try to find a shady spot. The trunk can be a death sentence if you have to park in the sun for more than a few minutes. If it's something short enough, stick it under the car for shade while you're parked, just not near the exhaust or under the motor.

Bookmark   June 10, 2011 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
Backpacking through Central America
New to this site. 63, recently retired, not super strong...
steve2416
1 photo: Monterey CA protea
Even here in coastal Northern CA, we do get frost days...
jkom51
Visiting Tacoma area and looking for things to do /visit
Hello Gardening Friends out west! I am coming out your...
rosebacopa2
Flight phobia?
I hate to flight through plane. It is so scary to me....
rosessecretgarden
This One is on My Places to Visit List
I have not yet visited this garden but hope to do so...
la_kitty
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™