Garden Tours

Perenniallady_MA(z6 MA)June 10, 2003

Has anyone been on an organized garden tour in England or in other parts of Europe? Can you recommend any companies/ websites? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenfaerie(z5b Michigan)

Try http://www.huronvalleytravel.com/. They're out of Ann Arbor, MI, but people from all over go on the trips. The yearly trip to the Chelsea Flower Show is over. Right now I don't see a link but I know they've done garden tours in Holland and Italy. Maybe email for more info.

Bookmark   June 14, 2003 at 4:27PM
ianna(Z5b)

check out this website -- icangarden.com They organize garden tours to Europe and have posted pictures on their website. They've visited places in France and Britain

Bookmark   June 27, 2003 at 11:46PM
goanna(QLD Aust)

Take a look on the web site www.toursgallery.com for a variety of small group garden tours. They change every year and our Garden Club members seem to like their style of travel. Most tour participants are over 50 years and you have a plant expert as tour manager as well as a guide.

Here is a link that might be useful: Special Interest Tours

Bookmark   September 2, 2003 at 4:15AM
Lukmee(Thailand CMai)

Hello,
if you want to plan a garden tour in Asia and specially Thailand do not hesitate to contact me
In my area ther is a very nice botanicla garden - search online for ""Queen Sirikit Botanical Gardens, Chiang Mai, Thailand""
or some pages on http://www.forest.go.th/Botany/Gardens/

and the area is the main area to export tropical flowers

Please contact me on private mail
I may advice you or find somebody to assist you during your trip, as I already did for some gardenweb member from Singapore

lukmee

Bookmark   May 15, 2005 at 1:03AM
crocosmia_mn(z4)

Last year I looked and looked for an organized tour of English gardens and finally decided that if I wanted to see all the gardens on my (long) list at the time of year I wanted to go (late July) I would just have to plan it myself. It was spectacularly successful! If you might be interested in this option, I'd be happy to share my itinerary, B&B's, advice about public transportation and car rental, etc. I'm now planning next June's trip!

Bookmark   May 20, 2005 at 4:13PM
mich_in_zonal_denial

Check Horticulture Magazines site and the trips that are organized by Nan Sinton.

Nan is a wonderful hostess, knows horticulture and has been leading tours for the Arnold Arboretum and Hort. Magazine for years.

I've attended classes under Nan's supervision in Massachusetts and California. She is excellent.

Bookmark   June 11, 2005 at 12:39AM
More Discussions
plants in Peru
Dear friends, Let me give you some special information. I...
Miguel Flores
Visiting Tacoma area and looking for things to do /visit
Hello Gardening Friends out west! I am coming out your...
rosebacopa2
Italy
I will be going to Italy in two weeks. What gardens...
jenniew
Garden Tour in East Hampton
I went on the annual garden tour in East Hampton benefiting...
jclay321
Backpacking through Central America
New to this site. 63, recently retired, not super strong...
steve2416
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™