zoos of the world

luseal(z 6-7 PA)August 14, 2004

As an ardent gardener,I have gawked at hundreds of gardens through traveling and living in different countries. I have found out that Zoos are not only zoological gardens but also works of art as Gardens. Most of the time they are even more exciting than just gardens. They have animals in them. Even at my mature age, I would not miss a zoo in any country I was in. As a garden tour traveler, I have visited many many zoos in the world and saw some great trees and shrubs. What I esp like is that the landscapers develop little vinyettes sp?for the visitor to savor.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pagancat(Phoenix, AZ)

Great idea... I know a lot of people on the Arizona forum have suggested the Phoenix zoo for their Plumeria display (although it is the last place on earth you'd think to find them...)

If you're ever in Tucson, The Sonoran Desert Museum is both botanical and zoological, with a great Hummingbird house, geologic and reptilian displays and some great info - a must see.

Bookmark   August 15, 2004 at 7:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luseal(z 6-7 PA)

I have been to the Phoenix zoo three times and it is great landscaping there. I have seen Sonoran Desert Museum two times and there is a botanical garden outside of Phoenix, maybe 40 miles or so, and that is great to walk through. Going up the hills can be taxing in the heat but I am still able to make it if I go slowly.

Bookmark   August 15, 2004 at 10:36PM
More Discussions
This One is on My Places to Visit List
I have not yet visited this garden but hope to do so...
la_kitty
Hippeastrum species
Perhaps I have a very cheeky question, but I'll try...
ton2
Garden Tour in East Hampton
I went on the annual garden tour in East Hampton benefiting...
jclay321
New Zealand tour, hiking and gardening
My DH and I plan a hiking vacation in New Zealand next...
Paula_sfbay
Best state for an English cottage garden?
Hello to all. It has been a while since I've posted....
zone8heather
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™