Vacations?

lando2008September 17, 2008

Does anyone have information on vacation sites or how to plan a super cheap vacation?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jkom51(Z9 CA/Sunset 17)

Matt Gross of the NYTimes has a regular column called The Frugal Traveler. His column in today's (March 15th) issue is titled Frugal San Francisco where he used AirB&B.com, just about the cheapest way to stay almost anywhere, even in expensive SF.

The most expensive thing about traveling is meals. Use Yelp for recommended inexpensive dining options, they've got the most extensive database on smaller restaurants that no one else really covers. Some recommend Chowhound but I've never found it terribly useful. Yelp is easier to search and use. We found some great places in the little-known Columbia City neighborhood of Seattle through Yelp. For that high-end splurge I use OpenTable, where making a reservation is quick and easy once you register, and the feedback is extensive from fellow foodies.

The Internet makes doing research easier but it still is time-consuming. But spending the time on sites like TripAdvisor and Kayak can really pay off once you're there. Good hunting!

Bookmark   March 15, 2010 at 2:39PM
More Discussions
Traveling with pets
Hey.. Me and my family make a trip for 10 days..We...
rock70
Traveling by plane with plants/seedlings
Hey everyone! I'm a novice gardener who's going to...
Noteybook
Urban Camping: Angel Island, San Francisco CA
I laughed out loud reading this article! I donÂt know...
jkom51
plants in Peru
Dear friends, Let me give you some special information. I...
Miguel Flores
suggestions for Japan trip
Greetings, I have 4 days on my own in Tokyo before...
Juliana63
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™