Botanical Gardens in Arizona?

claire44November 19, 2010

Hello Garden Web!!

I'm thinking about doing a little small-time day traveling in the spring for some adventure and have always wanted to visit some new botanical gardens. I'm located in Scottsdale, AZ and would like to keep these travels to more or less day trips. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Claire

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Beeone(4 N. Wyo.)

Look up the locations, but it isn't that far from you. The Bryce Thompson Arboretum is a magnificent place according to my snowbird relatives.

I've visited the Tucson Botanical Gardens, just south of Grant on Alvernon in Tucson. It isn't too large, but a nice place to visit.

More interesting is the Ariz. Sonora Desert Museum just west of Tucson. It is a great place to visit with an incredible view of the valley. I really enjoyed it in the spring, just watching out over the valley.

For a little longer trip, the Organ Pipe Cactus Nat'l Monument is a great place to visit in the spring. I was there in early April one year, mid April might have a few more flowers.

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 3:09AM
kelvinpl80

You can visit botanical gardens among the following list such as desert Botanical Garden, The Arboretum garden, Tucson Botanical Gardens in Arizona and enjoy your trip.

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 1:09AM
hu7k87

Original Taurababe Brand In Stock ! 2013 Retail Fashion Baby Romper For winter cotton children kids jumpsuit 3m-2yrs
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Taurababe-Brand-In-Stock-2013-Retail-Fashion-Baby-Romper-For-winter-cotton-children-kids-jumpsuit/109717_718771283.html

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 2:43AM
More Discussions
1 photo: Monterey CA protea
Even here in coastal Northern CA, we do get frost days...
jkom51
Traveling by plane with plants/seedlings
Hey everyone! I'm a novice gardener who's going to...
Noteybook
Visiting Tacoma area and looking for things to do /visit
Hello Gardening Friends out west! I am coming out your...
rosebacopa2
Hippeastrum species
Perhaps I have a very cheeky question, but I'll try...
ton2
Flight phobia?
I hate to flight through plane. It is so scary to me....
rosessecretgarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™