Queen Palms, seperation distance

cmfyrman(9)March 1, 2005

I am planting several queen palms in my yard. I wanted to know the closest distance I could plant them together.

Of course when they are only 8 feet tall 3 foot seperation would look ok, but I know they can get quite tall.

I often see the recommended distance but wanted to know the absolute closest I could put them. Thanks for your help/

Chris in CA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baci(z10Ca)

Since you have not got a response yet, have you asked your palm nursery? The fronds would probably not be a problem but the root mass might be. As I am sure you know if you have to move them later the expense would be staggering.
I have a lot near me in which the spacing between the Queen palms is 3 ft between the trunks. The upper fronds share the same space & create a nice view. They are about 30-40 ft tall. The nice thing about the close spacing is it creates a barrier; a car or motorcycle can not drive through the palms, which might be a problem in the lot.

Bookmark   March 10, 2005 at 8:12AM
Django(z9 LA)

I just planted 10 in my yard today. I have been wrestling with this question. I drove around town and noted how much space mature queen palms seemed to need. I planted mine approximately 15 feet apart.

Bookmark   March 12, 2005 at 7:48PM
congilmig_yahoo_net

Hi I am planting 3 queen palms in my back yard alone the fence line and pavers, My question is how much space from the fence line and the pavers do i need to have for the roots to grow?

Bookmark   May 18, 2011 at 2:34PM
More Discussions
Bird of Paradise (yellow/Orange) HELP!!
so I have had this plant for like 6 months bought it...
BBrown258
Tropical vine for part shade?
Hi all, I am looking for suggestions for a tropical...
ravensfan52
Pic of gigantic outdoor ensete bananas, zone 4
This year has been awesome! With lots of heat, water...
arctictropical
new tropical balanese garden
Hi we are starting from scratch on our back yard. We...
teza36
Needle palm protection in zone 6
I will post a pic of the palm in a day or 2. I am hoping...
poaky1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™