referral for a really good arborist (Franklin/Nashville area)?

tcahalan(z6 TN)September 12, 2009

One more message today -- We have 4 Trident maples and 4 Suger Thyme Crab apples in front of our house. They are doing well, but need some shaping up and pruning for their long-term development (particularly the Tridents) -- can anyone recommend a really good arborist? I am looking for someone who does more than your typical tree trimming; I'd like to find someone who can help up shape these trees while they are young for their future development and structure.

Thanks again!

Tina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Be sure to choose an ISA certified arborist. Any ISA certified arborist will be very knowledgeable. Some may have more "artistic" ability, better communications skills, or something like that, but all will be well trained and very knowledgeable. Unless it's a small job, it would also be advisable to get opinions and quotes from at least two or three arborists. Never just take the first one's offer, unless you are completely satisfied with the price, the plan, and the company/person to start with. I will provide a link to the ISA site below. There are tons of great info at this site BTW, so look around if you have time.

Here is a link that might be useful: TreesAreGood.com (ISA's Site)

Bookmark   September 14, 2009 at 8:17AM
More Discussions
New to Knoxville
I'm new to Knoxville TN and new to gardening in general....
freshvegetables
Amaryllis in Tennessee
Can Amaryllis stay in the ground near Nashville TN?...
ryseryse_2004
**** Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap ****
The Spring 2015 East Tennessee Plant Swap will be held...
brandon7 TN_zone
New to Chattanooga TN
Moved here about a month ago and can't wait to garden....
poppiesandmarigolds
plants to give away.
I live in Ringgold, GA near Chattanooga. I have some...
mrlynn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™