HAVE: Dwarf ambarella

cocomo(z10 / PR)April 1, 2007

Sorry I messed up in my last message. It should have said:

I HAVE several seedlings of this dwarf tree variety available for trading. Fruits are egg-sized. When ripe they become orange-yellow and sour-sweet in flavor. It has fruit in the tree almost round year, except for a dormant phase when it sheds its leaves.

From a website about tropical fruits, these are the different names it is given. An under-appreciated member of the Anacardiaceae, but deserving of improvement, is the ambarella, Spondias dulcis Forst. (syn. S. cytherea Sonn.). Among various colloquial names are Otaheite apple, Tahitian quince, Polynesian plum, Jew plum and golden apple. In Costa Rica, it is known as juplón; in Colombia, hobo de racimos; in Venezuela, jobo de la India, jobo de Indio, or mango jobo; in Ecuador, manzana de oro; in Brazil, caja-manga.

I would like to trade for other tropical fruits or tropical plants. I have most common tropicals so I would like some not so common plants. Anyways, send your offer or list and we can work up a trade. I do have a few seeds if you prefer to trade seeds, they are bulky though, so will send just a couple per trade.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coke_nut(9b Orlando)

Hi
I would love to have a couple of your Dwarf ambarella seedlings. If you would like to trade look at my trade list. If you have something that you are looking for LMK I may have it.
Thanks

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 8:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lady

I am interested in working out a trade with you. Are you still interested in the ice cream banana or did you change your mind? I have other bananas and lots of tropicals.

Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 7:58AM
More Discussions
WANTED: Rainbow Shower Tree (Cassia x nealiae)
This is sterile, and will not produce seeds, would...
Tropical Gardener
HAVE: Dragon Fruit 'Purple Haze' cuttings
I had to cut back my plant because it was attacking...
sandyfl
HAVE: Drosera filiformis and D. intermedia
I have some 1 and 2 years old plants to trade. I am...
Drosera84
HAVE: Gustavia augusta seedlings
Hi, I have some rare gustavia augusta seedlings to...
guadua
HAVE: Persimmon scion wood
I have Hachiya;Tanenashi;Fuyu scion wood for trade!...
deano6165
Sponsored Products
20-Piece Berry & Thread Flatware Service
$392.00 | Horchow
Crystal Bakehouse Two-Light Table Lamp in Bronze Finish with Handcrafted Polishe
Bellacor
Shires Equestrian Extension Stirrup Leathers - 694G-BL
$89.99 | Hayneedle
Cierro Bronze One-Light Mini Pendant with Honey Glass
$207.00 | Bellacor
Justice Design Group GLA-8701 - Aero 1 Light Wall Sconce - Square with Rippled R
$300.00 | Hayneedle
Sitara Blue 18 x 18 Patterned Throw Pillow
$57.95 | Bellacor
Concepts in Wood Dry Oak KT613A Storage/Utility Closet - KT613A-3060-D
$384.99 | Hayneedle
Suzi Bronze Three-Light Mini Pendant with Blue Cloud Glass
$738.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™