WANTED: coconut palm

micyreyApril 10, 2007

hi

I'm looking for a coconut sprouted or viable nut.

or a simmilar palm I can grow in a pot and bring in during the winter.

I can look at your trade list and if I don't have anything you want I can try to get it.

thanks michelle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Central_Cali369(Sunset Z9, Fresno, CA)

micyrey, i wouldnt recommend a coconut palm for indoors or outdoors in your area. i have tried keeping one outside here in the summer and bringing it indoors during the iwnter but the thing is that coconut palms need LOTS of light. mine died after about a year. it never looked as good as when i bought it. no matter what i tried, it declines continuosly until it died. THis has happened with nine different coconut palms that ive tried to grow. it would probably be really difficult to keep it alive even in the summertime. they do not fare well here in zone 10a/9b nor anywhere in my whole state (CA) except probably for the extreme coast of San Diego. Maybe a more cold-tolerant palm would better suit your area. there are nice alternatives like washingtonia robusta and pheonix canarensis, both of which could go the winter with mininal light.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 11:20PM
frmmi

my canary island palm is a disaster. The leaves are very long and razor sharp. I just got a 7 gallon coconut palm through the mail.

Bookmark   April 27, 2007 at 12:14AM
ayeah

we are in possession of a wide variety of coconut palm including your requested coconut sprouted or viable nut.they are for sale at cheap and affordable prices.Should you choose buy or have any other thing in mind to buy then mail leblancsxtasy@excite.com

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 11:47AM
barbcoleus(z10 Cape Coral,Fl)

Ummm
You're not supposed to sell anything on this Garden Forum. Those in charge frown on it an ask you to leave. Better check the rules.

Barb

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Hawaiian White Ginger (Hedychium coronarium)
I think it is also known as Butterfly Ginger. I have...
caflowerluver
HAVE: Persimmon scion wood
I have Hachiya;Tanenashi;Fuyu scion wood for trade!...
deano6165
HAVE: Drosera filiformis and D. intermedia
I have some 1 and 2 years old plants to trade. I am...
Drosera84
HAVE: Jasminum Sambac, rangoon creeper
I have Jasminum sambac grand duke supreme Jasminum...
bunti
WANTED: looking for fig trees willing to trade for many other ed
looking for fig trees other than brown turkey. Please...
ediblelandscaping.sc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™