Have free taro bulbs/corm (Colocasia esculenta)

soaht(Central CA 9B)April 25, 2013

I have some extra taro bulbs(Colocasia esculenta) left over from this years planting maybe 10-15 lbs left. It's the common one that you can find in the supermarket. They are green leaf with some reddish and some green stem, don't know which is which bulb. They grow about 3'-5' tall, not sure of variety but my parent's grows them for the bulbs/corm/tuber and stem/leaf to sell at their farmer's market. These are the edible type so the whole plant can be use in cooking. They may not be very colorful like the more ornamental colorful ones, but still make very tropical and attractive look added to any landscape. They are free, but I would be interested in trading for some dwarf papaya seedling/plant. You would just have to pay shipping postage. Let me know if you're interested, i've already got some takers from the other forums so let me know.

p.s. one bulb will multiply to tons of little plants in no time(same season planted)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alex_7b(7b/8a)

How tall do these get?

Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 3:28PM
soaht(Central CA 9B)

Depending on how you take care of them, they can be range from 3-6 feet. But I no longer have any bulb left until late winter, tossed the last batch, that somebody was supposed to get, but they never replied. It was just waiting for too long and dried up. However I still have a few, that didn't died after being tossed and mange to root into small plants. If you are interested in getting 1-2 small plant, I can dig up and ship it for postage fees.

Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 5:11PM
miketropic

Id like to have some but might be better to wait till next spring

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 4:41PM
soaht(Central CA 9B)

That's a good idea. I'm currently out of bulbs until next winter /spring atm. And it's to late in the season for you in your cold zone, to get large enough plant to last long enough. Check back in Spring, might have some again and will post if I do or not then.

Take care:)

Bookmark   August 6, 2013 at 5:32PM
More Discussions
new tropical balanese garden
Hi we are starting from scratch on our back yard. We...
teza36
How hardy are oleanders?
I went to a talk a couple of weeks ago by David Francko,...
david_5311
Crossandra, anyone?
This subforum is a pretty quiet place it seems. Nevertheless,...
wisconsitom
Something is eating my philodendron leaves
I have an outdoor philodendron which is emerging from...
jimmybo
Passionflower in Washington?
Hi guys, do any of you have experience growing passionflowers...
Brandon_the_Random
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™