Want to give someone tomato seeds :)

angela.tFebruary 26, 2012

Hey ya'll! My name is Angela. I've been reading different posts on the Garden Web forums for about the past month now, but finally joined up. :) Now, as to why I'm posting. I have a dilemma.

I plan to get some tomato seeds from Tomato Fest. I put all the seeds in the cart, but alas, I only had $10 in seeds, and you need to have a $15 minimum purchase. I tried to get some random thing, like potting soil since it was cheap, but it takes me to another site. So I need to buy more tomato seeds.

So, since I can't fit any more tomato plants in my raised beds I'm gonna make, I was wondering if anyone wanted some tomato seeds from Tomato Fest. I can spend another $5 or $6, so I can do two cheaper packets of tomatoes, or one more pricey and cheaper, etc. I'd buy some and give them to my father-in-law, who loves tomatoes, but he only buys the plants already started, and so I figured to maybe give some to people who would appreciate it. :)

Although I'll give the two packets for free, if someone might wanna trade me for the Sun Gold cherry tomato seeds, I'd be eternally grateful! That's the only one's I was gonna have to order from another site.

If anyone's interested, please write back! I'd like to have my order placed by this Wednesday if possible. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BioTomato

Ill take some free seeds!! a roma tomato and your choice of second one please! contact me at thaievan@yahoo.com thanks ahead of time!!

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 4:12PM
ralleia(z5 Omaha, NE)

I think that Angela is hoping to get some Sun Golds in exchange for her Tomato Fest seeds...

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 4:34PM
angela.t

Actually, ralleia, I'd LIKE some, but if people don't have the Sun Gold F1, that's alright. :) And to BioTomato, I have an idea. I was thinking about getting a roma, and growing a row of it, but I didn't need a whole packet's worth. Since you want a same type as me, there's 30 seeds in a packet, does it sound good if I take 15 and give you 15? :) And I'll e-mail you this as well, should you read your e-mail before this. I'm so glad some seeds will get to someone who will appreciate them! ^_^

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 5:49PM
suncitylinda

Knapps Fresh Veggies and The Sample Seed shop (Google, both online) sell small packs (15-20seeds) for less than $1.25 each. Shipping is reasonable and both have a good reputation. I have ordered many times from both, and there is no minimum order. Also, keep in mind tomato seeds stay viable for a long time. I still start seeds from 2003-2005. Good luck, LInda

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 6:48PM
monet_g

How every it works out, Angela, that's very nice of you!

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 9:23AM
suncitylinda

Tomato Growers Supply TGS also has really huge selection on line and no minimum order. They have more hybrids.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 11:54AM
mytime(3/4 Alaska)

Hi Angela,
I always try to grow Sun Gold, and this year my favorite local place is ordering seeds just because I asked, so I almost feel obligated to buy more than 1 package (well, I'll see how many seeds are in a pack). Anyway, I would be happy to send you a few Sun Gold seeds for an equal amount of seeds, your choice, whatever you have extra of. How many were you thinking you wanted?

Bookmark   February 29, 2012 at 2:13AM
More Discussions
Tell me your ultimate tomatoes
Highest yield: Best flavor: Easiest/most disease resistant: Best...
shijitake
Should I grow white tomatoes?
I have Great White seeds and already sprouted some....
shijitake
Brandy Boy Contest -2015
I propose a "Brandy Boy Contest" for 2015...
hudson___wy
Big Boo-Boo! On Red Robins
I started some Red Robins a while back, or I thought...
wertach zone 7-B SC
You people are a bad influence
I went and bought seeds for mortgage lifter, big beef...
carriehelene
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™