HAVE: Grow your own Chocolate

cactusrequiemJuly 31, 2008

Hello all,

I sent away to the Germplasm Station down in Puerto Rico for some Cocoa seeds (Theobroma cacao) to try and grow my own Chocolate. They sent me five different varieties (unfortunately NOT labeled). They actually sent me the entire Cocoa bean pod, that is how I know they were all different. I planted some 130 beans and I think they ALL came up!

Anyway, I was thinking maybe I could work out a trade or two. If you would like to try to grow some of your own Chocolate, let me know. I would love to do some trading and I will give you a REAL good deal! I have a pretty extensive already growing list, so if I turn down a trade please don't feel offended. I will consider any and all offers though, so try me.

I am looking for unusual Tropical Fruits or Veggies. Or even usual ones that I don't already have! LOL

I might consider some really unusual flowering plants. Try me.

Thanks for looking!

Darren

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
northtexasgirl(z8 FTW)

Hi. I have a Cherimoya tree(ling) (about 19") I can trade for some of your seedlings as I have been wanting to try my luck at these for a while. Planted some seeds a while back and none germinated. I can send you a pic of the Cherimoya if you are interested in a trade. Thanks.
Leona

Bookmark   September 1, 2008 at 6:16PM
journey149(9aFL)

I have a logan seedling i can trade

Bookmark   October 12, 2008 at 8:12PM
Gaidaikudamono

If you're still open to trade, How does vanilla planifolia sound? The second most expensive spice to saffron. I've been looking for a nice tree to grow my vanilla on.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 6:08PM
cactusrequiem

Hello Gaidaikudamono,
Sadly, I gave up on try to grow the Theobroma. I have tried twice now and I just can't seem to get it through a Winter. My greenhouse doesn't stay warm enough and inside I could not keep the humidity up high enough.
Sorry.
Darren

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 8:04PM
tiffschorn

I saw Gaidaikudamono has vanilla to trade for chocolate. I ordered some chocolate pods online I am willing to trade some of the seeds for vanilla cuttings. The seeds have to be kept moist (that is why they ship the pod) I could send some to you in a baggie with a moist paper towel. I live in Central Florida. I ordered the chocolate about a week ago so it should be here soon let me know. tiffschorn@gmail.com

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 7:25PM
LullabyF360

I know this is late, but do you still have seeds to trade? Here is the list of seeds that I have:

Red zinnias
Striped zinnias
Hollyhock
Snapdragon
Green apple
Red apple
Green pear
Blackberry
Some cherry pits

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 9:07AM
greenman62

I would really like some if you still have any.
seeds, seedlings, cuttings,whatever.

I have
Moringa Olifera seeds
several hot and bell pepper seeds

trees i can take cuttings from...
Satsuma cutting
Guava Cutting
Mulberry cutting
dwarf POM
Aloe Vera
Jujube

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 11:22AM
cactusrequiem

Hey Greenman62,
Sadly, I gave up on trying to grow the Theobroma. I have tried twice now and I just can't seem to get it through a Winter. My greenhouse doesn't stay warm enough and inside I could not keep the humidity up high enough.
Sorry.
Darren

Bookmark   May 20, 2013 at 7:29PM
More Discussions
HAVE: Cassia alata
Have freshly harvested seeds for trade. What do you...
tropical_lady
HAVE: have; Passiflora caerula and pink brugs
Hi - I have Passiflora caerula and pink brugs for trade. Please,...
Mistee17
Wanted curcumas
Wanted: looking for curcumas and ginger thank you
Sophie Harding
HAVE: Gustavia augusta seedlings
Hi, I have some rare gustavia augusta seedlings to...
guadua
WANTED: Jungle Cactus
The more beautiful the blossoms, the better.
david4c
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™