Swap Planning Questions

simplylisa(Tennessee)October 30, 2006

Hi guys,

I am wanting to plan a swap for my area, which is near Chattanooga, TN. I love going to the ones in Knoxville and wish I could make it as far away as the Nashville one. But I also would love one here at home so that I can meet neighbors that are close enough to meet for lunch if we wanted to. I want to plan the dates so that I can still make it to the Knoxville swaps and hopefully the Knoxville people will come to mind. I am planning on it to be an annual Spring & Fall swap at a lovely park in Dayton. The first one being held next spring. Now for the purpose of this post. I want input. Both from the organizers of past swaps and from the people who go to them. Since this is a beginning swap I hope to learn from everyone's past experience. I want to know ideas for things to do/have at the swap, things you wish would change or that were different, things you really like, things you really don't. etc. You get the generally idea, I hope. Please post here or feel free to e-mail at watchingthegardengrow@yahoo.com or at LisasAvonPLace@AOL.com please bear in mind sometimes AOL mail doesn't come through. Especially would like help in organizing, advertising from all of you swap veterans. Thanks in advance.

Hugs,

Lisa & Kayla

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jan_Hobbs(z6a TN, USA)

Lisa and Kayla, if you will go to the website for the Middle TN Plant Swap, you will learn a lot of what we do. It is www.midtnplantswap,com If you have any questions after you read it, feel free to email me or our secretary, Jeff at jtoothmanandadj@comcast.net...hope you get one started. Our next one is the Sat before Memorial weekend.

Jan

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 12:15PM
More Discussions
Help with Knockout Roses
I have lost 4 mature Knockout Roses, about 10 years...
neil64
questions from new TN gardener
I'm not a new gardener but new Z7, southwest TN. Will...
ryseryse_2004
Williamson County Master Gardener Plant Sale and Garden Expo
Williamson County Master Gardner Association Invites...
bbhillarts
New to Knoxville
I'm new to Knoxville TN and new to gardening in general....
freshvegetables
New to Chattanooga TN
Moved here about a month ago and can't wait to garden....
poppiesandmarigolds
Sponsored Products
Foscarini | Tropico Sphera Suspension Lamp
YLiving.com
Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike - 1110
$159.00 | Hayneedle
Sophia Amber Bronze Fusion Jack Mini Pendant
$171.36 | Bellacor
Icicle Opal Fusion Jack Mini Pendant
$182.16 | Bellacor
Henri De Rivel Memor-X Close Contact Saddle - 2050-W08P18
$595.00 | Hayneedle