Fall 2010 East Tennessee Plant Swap -- Results

brandon7 TN_zone(7)October 2, 2010

We had a great swap. Attendance was down, but I think everyone that came had a great time. We ended up with a total of 13 swappers (including a few family members) plus 4 other people that, after walking by to see what we were doing, ended up becoming adoptive parents for some of our orphaned plants. We really missed those of you who couldn't make it!

The weather couldn't have been better. It was just beautiful and very comfortable.

Besides the 4 people that dropped in after walking by, we had 3 to 5 new swappers (I'm unsure about 2 of them). It's always great to have new people, and we really hope they will come back for future swaps.

One thing I really wish we could find for next time is some new folks that don't have a lot of plants to bring, but are willing to adopt all the plants that need homes. I actually found homes for every one of my plants (even all of my pomegranates!!!!!), but many swappers ended up taking a lot of their plants back home with them. If you are reading this and have considered coming to the swap but have worried about not having anything to offer, WE NEED YOU next time!

Thanks to everyone that had a part in the swap. Even if you just came as a participant, you were one of the keys to making the swap successful. I think everyone that came enjoyed it, and I know a lot of plants are happy they aren't headed to the compost heap.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tlfox(7b-8a)

Thanks Brandon - we had so much fun. My friend Kim drove up here from Birmingham to come to the swap with me - and she is already looking forward to next year. :D

I missed her name...but the lovely lady that made the walnut bread, pesto and compound butter....DELISH!!! Thank you all for the great food and conversation today!

Tiffany

Bookmark   October 2, 2010 at 11:20PM
evasage(z6TN)

My husband and I also enjoyed the swap and the beautiful weather. I, too, did not have to bring any of my own plants back home. A first for me. Thanks everyone for the plants I did bring home! Also, thanks Brandon for arranging everything.

Bookmark   October 3, 2010 at 11:14AM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

It was a mutual collaboration between me, Cheryl, and Karen. We were somewhat limited this time by not having the website, but at least we had a swap. If everyone had as good of a time as I did, it was a great success. Hopefully, we can get a jump on the Spring swap and it'll be bigger and better than ever. If anyone has ideas, let us know!!!

Bookmark   October 3, 2010 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
NE Tennessee problems
So I moved from way out in the country to near Downtown...
Chris Cousineau
Reclaiming my yard
Hello I'm a new homeowner and new to the forums. I'm...
lwash931
New to Knoxville
I'm new to Knoxville TN and new to gardening in general....
freshvegetables
**** 2015 East Tennessee / Knoxville-Area Plant Events ****
From the Events page of the East Tennessee Plant Swap...
brandon7 TN_zone
Project for Community Center
I just recently became aware of an opportunity to help...
forthechildren
Sponsored Products
Lissa Pot
$7.99 | zulily
Lavendar Tree in Clay Washpot
$44.50 | FRONTGATE
Glamos Wire Galvanized Diamond Cage Support - 10 Pack - 760469
$88.00 | Hayneedle
Red Carpet Studios Chime Grandma's Relics Fishing Basket Wine Chime Multicolor -
$29.99 | Hayneedle
Patriotic DecoMud Plant Polymer Bead Set
$7.99 | zulily
Jaipur Andes Cornwall Natural Solid Pattern Jute/Cotton Rug - RRC021533-0011
$63.00 | Hayneedle
Copper Planter with Lattice Frame and Stand - Antique Copper
Signature Hardware
Blue & Pink Solar Tulip Garden Stake
$20.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™