Grangeno?

marcie_new(z8)January 16, 2010

Hi folks I know is a long shot VEERY LOOONG I am hoping someone in this forum know this, when I was little(age wise)I remember a bush? green of course and it produced orange berries and they were edible I seem to remember the name was grangenos or so I I think, Anyone? the berries would be ready to eat around may? june? its been so long I am not sure.It use to grow wild around Laredo Texas, Thank you all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicalzone7(7b)

Is it Celtis pallida? I think it fits the descrption and is called Granjeno as a common name and it produces orange berries.

Good luck!

Bookmark   January 16, 2010 at 8:19PM
marcie_new(z8)

Yes it is!! so now on to the hunt I go, I already have a huisache? it blooms yellow very fragant viciuos thorns!! but its worthed. I am trying to start growing natives trees easy care. I found a toothache tree he is kind of big so I am not sure how well it transplants BUT the owner is going to clear the lot. so I am going to try and save it, actually I am looking for a sapling of this tree so that maybe it will grow for me. Thanks. Marcie

Bookmark   January 19, 2010 at 12:47AM
tropicalzone7(7b)

You seem to be looking for very nice native plants. Unfortunately native plants are underused so its a challenge to find some of them, but if you want them they are worth looking for.

Good luck finding them!

Bookmark   January 19, 2010 at 6:10PM
marcie_new(z8)

Hi guys, looks like I might get lucky!! I will come back and post.

Bookmark   January 24, 2010 at 2:39AM
More Discussions
Desert Rose leaf tips dying
I've had this desert rose (my favourite plant) for...
plantrookie
Can you help me ID this vine/climber?
Hello, I got this plant last year from a very lovely...
dubai-gardener
Identify this plant, please
Anyone know this plants name? (not the fire bush on...
paynerobin
Coffee plants
Just took a close look at the two coffee trees in the...
apg4
Indoor mango plant healthy but not sprouting new leaves
My indoor mango plant is placed next to a window, planted...
pman6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™