Night Blooming Jasime Not Blooming

mkt04August 3, 2004

I'm sort of new to gardening so I don't know if this is natural or something I'm doing. I bought a night blooming jasmine in full bloom about 3 months ago. It was great, but the blooms fell off a few weeks after planting it in a pot on my back deck. Besides a few meager blooms a few weeks later it has not bloomed again since. I water it about 3 times a week and it gets a mixture of direct sun and shade throughout the day. It's still healthy and shooting out vines all the time. Just no flowers.

Any advice?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wilmington_islander(9A/Sunset 28)

Mine is in the ground, but LOVES fertilizer.

Bookmark   August 4, 2004 at 9:03AM
binsb(Southern CA)

I bought mine earlier in the Spring and it flowered & scented the air for about a week and then nothing...until a month ago when it started producing blooms again. For the last few weeks, the flowers are profuse...and now it's dwindling down again. From what I understand, it should start up again. When I lived in Santa Barbara, the only time I remember NOT smelling it was January-April.

I did plant mine in the ground this time...it does enjoy a good soak & fertiler. I just use Miracle Grow - it was after that that I got the punch of blooms & scent.

Good luck!

Bookmark   September 27, 2004 at 11:51PM
wanda(Z9 CA)

It's probably putting it's energy into getting it's roots established, especially you planted it in a much larger pot than the one it was in.

wanda

Bookmark   September 28, 2004 at 12:02AM
wilmington_islander(9A/Sunset 28)

They go through "flushes" like brugs. Mine is 7 feet tall and wide and when in full bloom can be smelled easily 1/2 a mile away when the wind is right. My next flush should be ready in about 2 or 2 weeks.

Bookmark   September 28, 2004 at 2:02PM
More Discussions
Passionflower in Washington?
Hi guys, do any of you have experience growing passionflowers...
Brandon_the_Random
Coconut trees in California?
IS anyone growing these or know of any growing there?...
haycarumba99
How hardy are oleanders?
I went to a talk a couple of weeks ago by David Francko,...
david_5311
What is wrong with my bougainvillea?
This is located in Southern Florida. The location is...
kmkjimbo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™