are there attractive covers for yard hydrant?

nancyk(6)November 13, 2010

We are installing two new self-draining outdoor faucets(Home Depot calls them yard hydrants, they are a steel pipe that goes two feet into the ground, four feet above ground, with a lifting handle on top that when you lift it with the water off, the water in the pipe drains from the bottom of the pipe so it will not freeze). One will be near by raised flower beds so I will not have to constantly be dragging the hose back and forth. Are there any kind of alternative handles for these(such as a brass fitting that is easier to look at than the industrial handle that is on the faucet)? I have been unable to find anything.

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

Here's my 2 cents: Probably just about anything you do to the hydrant (except maybe covering it with one of those giant fake rocks or hiding it behind shrubs) is just going to draw attention to it. Personally, I'd just leave it as-is and most people will probably not even notice it.

Bookmark   November 13, 2010 at 9:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancyk(6)

"leave it as-is" I will probably do that. I have another one in the lower garden and I never give it a second glance. Once I had a brass grouse on an outdoor faucet which looked rather cute and if I could find something similar for this I would get it but after talking with my husband about the operating system of the selfdraining faucet, I doubt the top handle could be replaced.

Nancy

Bookmark   November 15, 2010 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
New to Chattanooga TN
Moved here about a month ago and can't wait to garden....
poppiesandmarigolds
New to Knoxville
I'm new to Knoxville TN and new to gardening in general....
freshvegetables
Thin Tall Evergreen?
Hi all, I'm a new gardener living in TN. I'm looking...
linkjg
Help with Knockout Roses
I have lost 4 mature Knockout Roses, about 10 years...
neil64
plants to give away.
I live in Ringgold, GA near Chattanooga. I have some...
mrlynn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™