which fertilizer to use for my tropical fruit plants?

hottielover14January 24, 2007

I have a Vanilla orchid, Banana Tree, Black Pepper Vine, Cocoa Tree, and Miracle Berry tree. Im not sure what fertilizer to get for them? i was thinking about just getting a normal orchid feritilizer like schultz or something. but im not sure what i should use for my other tropical fruit plants, could somebody please help me out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Heathen1(10a)

Each plant has different needs...for example a banana plant needs a fertilizer heavy on the potassium. I have read that cocoa trees need one with more Nitrogen.... not sure about the others....

Bookmark   January 25, 2007 at 2:05PM
hottielover14

yeah i know they have diff. needs but i was wondering what kind of fert i should get for each of them or some that a couple plants can use? ok thanks heathen that helps a lot :). if anybody else has any other reccomendations for fertilizer for black pepper vines and miracle berry tree? or for my others too?

Bookmark   January 25, 2007 at 3:47PM
hottielover14

ok well i decided to go organic and get some fish/seaweed fert and some kelp meal, crab shell and cottonseed meal to fert all my plants. would that be effective enough on them?

Bookmark   January 26, 2007 at 11:05PM
mhtehmad_gmail_com

ihave guava lemon and orange fruit trees,what amount of npk should be added and intervals as 14 36 7.

Bookmark   February 13, 2011 at 4:53AM
More Discussions
Jasminum sambac Mali chat
Does anyone has ever seen Jasminum Sambac Mali chat...
bunti
where can I find the full "suicidal gardenia" thread?
Anyone know where to read the whole thing?
dreambig3becca
Need ID please
Can anyone identify this tiny tropical plant, please?...
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
Papaya: Sex of Flowers or Tree?
I have a 1 yr. old papaya tree now in bloom. I have...
meilie
Looking to swap rare tropical seeds and such
Looking to trade rare tropical seeds and such. Please...
Tropical Gardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™