Pandanus Veitchii

nina_in_phoenixFebruary 8, 2010

I would like to communicate with someone who is successfully growing a Pandanus Veitchii. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
saesha

Me too...please continue the conversation :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Saesha Flowers

Bookmark   March 4, 2010 at 2:02AM
birdsnblooms

Nina, do you want to talk to someone who grows Pandanus as a houseplant 'summered outdoors' or kept outdoors year round? Toni

Bookmark   March 10, 2010 at 2:55PM
lilce51286

I got this from my sister and have had it in my home for 4 days now. I'm caring for it like a ZZ succulent plant: 1-2x month watering (more if needed), partial sun, and supplemental light from waterfall at night. Summer err so AC day 75 and night 73. My sister Keeps her simulate except her house is colder 65, weekly watering, full sun. Googled care info after making my own thread to find out what this plant was which I found out from fellow subscribers pandanus Veitchii white. Google articles said to much sun can scorch the leaves, leaves grow white, and as plant matures will turn green. Pups I see grow from the sides of this plant and many threads about this plant aka Screw Pine. Couple of my pics but I'll adjust its needs as I see how the plant goes in my house. In the foyer front door above it is a small window where full sun comes in so others say may need more light. I'll move it as I see how the plant reacts :) hope this info helps some

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 3:31PM
lilce51286

my thread is on the house plant forum and posted link below. Feel free to ask people their questions :)) happy growing

Here is a link that might be useful: Pandanus Veitchii White houseplant thread

Bookmark   July 28, 2013 at 3:36PM
subtropix

Have grown them very successfully years ago--now they are really hard to find. Mainly, I believe, because their spines can cause minor dermititis. They seem too to have gone out of style, but I love them. Let me know where I could purchase one.

Care is easy. Plant in a soil with excellent drainage, provide at least part sun, water when semi-arid in the Summer and less so in Winter. Plant will attempt to lift itself out of the pot on stilt roots--let it be true to its nature.

Bookmark   July 31, 2013 at 3:34PM
More Discussions
Pre made soil mixes for indoor tropical plants
What are the best soils that are pre bagged? Currently...
gribbleton
gribbleton
Looking for wax jambu , Star fruit and Barbados cherry cuttings
Looking to purchase Wax Jambu (Black Pearl) Star fruit...
poetie
Making roots larger on Ficus 'Ginseng'
Hi! This is my first post ever on the forums! I recently...
Kottepalm
Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!
Absolutely HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR...
siegel2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™