hey lady

labrea_gwJuly 20, 2013

In 2003, CIA agents kidnapped an Egyptian citizen from a street in Milan where he was living! Italy had granted him asylum from persecution by the Mubarak regime. The CIA then rendered their kidnapped victim back to Egypt where he was interrogated and tortured. Italian authorities criminally charged the CIA agents with kidnapping, and after the US refused to turn them over for trial, they were convicted in abstentia. One of them, Milan CIA station chief Robert Lady, was sentenced to several years in prison.

Lady was in Panama and when the Italians learned of this, they requested his extradition to Italy. (Panama has no extradition treaty with Italy)
The US government intervened and applied significant pressure to Panamanian officials, who, yesterday, predictably released Lady and put him on a plane back to the US.

P U stinks to high heavens!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

The US government intervened and applied significant pressure to Panamanian officials, who, yesterday, predictably released Lady and put him on a plane back to the US.

When I read the articles yesterday on the Interpol arrest, no extradition treaty, and close proximity to the U.S.controlled Canal Zone, I thought no way is R.S. Lady being delivered to Italian justice.

Poor guy, he's complaining that he had to leave Italy in a hurry and left property that he planned to live on in his retirement.

Criminal law is for other people, not the CIA.

Bookmark   July 20, 2013 at 10:05PM
alexrander

So maybe he should be on a daytime t.v. program with Amanda Knox?

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 12:14AM
labrea_gw

I wonder should Italy send in a swarm of helicopters!

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 10:42AM
jodik_gw

"Criminal law is for other people, not the CIA."

And therein lies the problem. Why should any of our agencies be above the law? Why should there be a different standard for the FBI, CIA, NSA, for politicians, for those who hold sway of a different kind?

Where does this entitlement come from, and how is it in any way just?

Bookmark   July 21, 2013 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
Nuts
More odd topic than hot Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Ji...
labrea_gw
France warns Russia
France Warns Russia And Its Allies Not To Advance On...
momj47
GOP flawed charge that Obama's immigration policy is unconstitutional
GOP leaders have been gloating that the courts agree...
dublinbay z6 (KS)
Not a Kodak Moment for Idaho Legislator
Makes you wonder why they keep trying. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/23/1366371/-Idaho-Republican-to-doctor-Can-a-woman-swallow-a-camera-for-a-pregnancy-exam-w-audio...
duluthinbloomz4
This made me cry. So beautiful.
Jacob is beautiful. Wonderful letter, please read. Happy...
enmc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™