Anyone successfully root ylang ylang from cuttings?

yaslan(8 WA state)February 26, 2010

These ylang ylang cuttings are about a week old. They seem to be doing pretty good. I have them covered under a plastic cover (they seem to like the extra humidity).

I am wondering if anyone has successfully rooted ylang ylang from cuttings before. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Bo

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wanna_run_faster

How are they doing Bo? I haven't rooted ylang ylang cuttings but usually I cut big leaves in half while rooting hibiscus, etc so more energy can go into the rooting process and not photosynthesis. Also it takes a long time with most of my cuttings -- like 2 or 3 months. I've been trying to root a michelia alba forever--they are supposed to be extremely difficult to root (easier to air-layer) but I like a challenge lol. Still haven't gotten one to take yet though.

Bookmark   February 28, 2010 at 10:19AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yaslan(8 WA state)

wanna run faster - they're doing pretty good. I cut some of the leaves off and now trying to root the leaves! I got the idea from you. Thanks! Though I don't know how successful it'll be, I thought it would be worth trying. I am excited! I too like the challenge of rooting difficult plants. ( :
-Bo

Bookmark   February 28, 2010 at 6:03PM
More Discussions
Strelitzia flower stalk?...Hope so!
Was having a tidying session in the g/h and decided...
greenclaws UKzone8a
Papaya: Sex of Flowers or Tree?
I have a 1 yr. old papaya tree now in bloom. I have...
meilie
Brown edges on leaves
My White Bat Plant's leaves are turning brown. What...
copanolady
Wax Jambu in California?
Haves somebody get fruiting Syzygium samarangense anywhere...
jose_carlos
Anyone know a source for Wercklea ferox? (picture)
Saw this at the Dallas arboretum a few weeks ago and...
davissue_zone9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™