Misorensis? Help ID please

mariava7March 15, 2006

Again...one of my mother's flowering vines. She mentioned 'misorensis' but she is not sure. Help ID please!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkim(San Diego 10/24)

Thunbergia mysorensis, one of my favorites.

Bookmark   March 15, 2006 at 2:58PM
mariava7

Thank you so much catkim!

Bookmark   March 15, 2006 at 4:51PM
bihai(zone 9)

Oh yeah! Mine is in full bloom now as well. Its definitely my fave vine except for my Jade Vine.

Bookmark   March 16, 2006 at 7:11AM
leilaniguy

Beautiful vine, and not as heavy as many others. I planted mine 6 years ago, took 2 years to get first flowering,but has never been out of bloom since.

Bookmark   March 16, 2006 at 3:16PM
mariava7

Leilaniguy...Are you from Hawaii? Do you have an email add? I cannot find it in your member page. I would like to contact you about sources of plants that we are interested that could possibly be available in your area if ever. Thanks!

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 5:23PM
bihai(zone 9)

Hawaii can't ship to the mainland unless they are licensed nurseries and their stock is approved for shipment to the mainland. Lots and LOTS of red tape. I have always wanted to be able to trade with people in Hawaii but they have to get an import permit for a lot of things. Not worth it for them.

Bookmark   April 7, 2007 at 5:52PM
mariava7

Bihai...After I have posted pics of our plants in the Philippines, I have received a lot of emails from Europe, South America, US and Canada inquiring about sources of where to get plants or seeds. These plants are available in the nursery there but would be very hard to ship to US. Very same case as with plants from Hawaii. You are right, too much trouble for a few plants. But worth it for bigger volumes.

If ever I get to get plants from Hawaii, I would be instructing them to send them to the Philippines. Or if we get to purchase plants here in mainland US, they will be brought to PI by my daughter who is going there for a 3 week vacation.

Bookmark   April 8, 2007 at 1:25AM
More Discussions
HAVE: for trade
I have close to 2000 different kinds of tropicals for...
Angel_Hawk1975
Identify this plant, please
Anyone know this plants name? (not the fire bush on...
paynerobin
Very unusual interesting plant starting to flower
I've posted this elsewhere but thought I'd put it here...
tropicbreezent
Looking to swap rare tropical seeds and such
Looking to trade rare tropical seeds and such. Please...
Tropical Gardener
Pre made soil mixes for indoor tropical plants
What are the best soils that are pre bagged? Currently...
gribbleton
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™