Tropic Snow Peach and others for 2013 advice.

agreenthumbJanuary 16, 2013

Well here in Tampa the warmer weather are making the peach tree bloom anyone else have one of these great trees?

Also I have a tangerine tree for about 4 years and still nothing no fruit yet...anyone know when these thing produce?

Blueberry looking good also and my Myer lemon (back) and limequat (front) are a bit yellow need some advice on fertilizer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soaht(Central CA 9B)

You can try fish emulsion/fertilizer and seaweed/ kelp extract on your trees as I have read that they don't burn plus they are all natural and not synthetic chemicals. But try to get the ones that say cold process as the ones with hot/warm process kill most of the micro/macro nutrients that are beneficial for your soil. As for the peach, here in central Cal many nectarines and peach have also started blooming. I'm not sure what kind of peaches and nectarines are the ones that are blooming, but they sure are. I also think tropic snow peach are supposed to bloom early hence their name"Tropic snow" and is that a little peach already forming? Well hope you get to taste it soon. And I almost forgot to mention that the fish emulsion has a pungent fishy smell that well attract critters that well want to dig in your dirt trying to look for the dead fish smell.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 1:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agreenthumb

The tropic snow peach has a white flesh inside and being that you can grow it in a 9zone makes it so cool. yes that is a tiny peach growing. Last season on that tree I yeilded around 30 peaches!

I think I will continue to use that milorganite stuff. I think it is good even when fruiting to use.

Also one blueberry on the blueberry plant. Not bad for fruit trees in a screened in patio.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 9:49AM
More Discussions
Papaya wasp help
I'm on the Fla Treasure Coast and my papaya tree /...
tcgardener
Avocados for zone 3?
Please see below for my question.
loneroc1
avocado insect protection
My 6 foot avocado tree has set fruit for the first...
timetraveler
problem with carica papaya seedling survival
Hi I live in a temperate zone, have a large conservatory,...
marcyoung
Kesar Mango
Have you guys heard of Kesar Mango from India. I would...
mangobaby
Sponsored Products
French country rattan shed basket
Origin Crafts
Adjustable Wall Wash by Kichler
$106.00 | Lumens
Tuscana Wall Fountain
$345.00 | Horchow
New Geo-Floral 8' 7" x 12' 10" Hand Knotted Red Super Kazak Wool Rug H6821
BH Sun Inc
Brentwood Kitchen Cart - 64024
$453.97 | Hayneedle