Anybody growing Waimanalo papaya in Houston TX Z9a?
I recently bought a tree which I am presently overwintering in the garage. I have a few questions:
1) It is supposed to be a dwarf (10 ft tall at maturity). It seems to me it would be hard to harvest fruit w/o climbing on a ladder. can you comment re: plant height?
2) can it be topped off to keep it shorter? Will this cause multiple trunks? If yes, do multiple trunks mean multiple fruit?
3) has it survived your z9a winters?
4) Like the flavor or prefer another variety?
5) If I decide to pot my papaya, will it produce less fruit?
thanks for your help