Looking for a verified legit place to buy fresh dragon fruit onli

dragonfruitloverApril 30, 2012

Hi. I have tried growing Dragon Fruit (pitaya) from seed here in New England. I live on the CT/MA border and have had no luck. I love dragon fruit, but there is nowhere around here to get it. I've tried asian markets, supermarkets, whole foods, and trader joes. I've looked online and there are places called buyexoticfruits.com and 24hourbuy.com but people say they are scams. Anyone know a cheap affordable grower I can buy dragon fruit from that takes credit card be it by phone or online website? I'd only like 2 or 3 dragon fruits. White or red kind doesn't matter I like them all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karyn1(7a)

Frieda's is a reputable specialty market but I don't know what their minimums are. I'm surprised that you haven't found any at the local Asian markets. The ones in the DC Metro area often have fresh dragon fruit available.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frieda's

Bookmark   May 2, 2012 at 8:51AM
dragonfruitlover

I saw Frieda's on Amazon.com, but the shipping is outrageous! $40 to ship 3 and $37 just to buy them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Freida's on Amazon

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 12:29PM
TLVirginia

Hi I just posted the information for another person that is looking at growing dragon fruit. So I am going to post again for your information.

There are several reliable on line sites that you can order dragon fruits and search for tropical fruit vendors as well:

- http://www.localharvest.org
- http://www.tropicalfruitgrowers.com

Local harvest is an organization that promotes local farmers in Florida that sells tropical fruits on line. They are reliable and trustworthy. Tropicalfruitgrowers.com lists all of the appropriate tropical fruit growers that can ship various tropical fruits to you.

Unfortunately, dragon fruit is not in season right now so you will need to check the sites periodically. In terms of the sites such as buyexoticfruits.com; fruitsofthemonthclub.com; organicfruitofthemonthclub.com, 24hoursbuy.com are all scams - they are owned by the same person, please do not buy from them - I made a mistake in terms of ordering from them and my money was taken and they never ship the product nor responded to my numerous inquiries.

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 8:15AM
More Discussions
moving a giant giant BOP
I'd like to move a well established giant bird of paradise...
Bettina Hooper
Deformed leaves on strelitzia
Hello I was wondering if someone could please help...
LaurenLouise
Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!
Absolutely HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR...
siegel2
Wax Jambu in California?
Haves somebody get fruiting Syzygium samarangense anywhere...
jose_carlos
It may be too late, but what it happening to my Avocado tree?
So my little tree is about ten months old. The whole...
anielskim
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™