Wax jambu advice needed

TealGardenFebruary 23, 2012

Hi all, I've recently purchased a wax jambu plant and noticed the leaves brown, yellow and fall off. I also noticed the leaves having spots that look a bit burnt. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe still in shocked from shipping and replanting. I used organic miracle-gro potting soil and have it in a room by the window. If anyone has expoerience growing these and can help me any advice would be greatly appreciatred. Thank you in advance.

yellowing in stem of leaf, eventually falling off :(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jacob13

Hello Tealgarden,

I have a couple of Wax Jambus too and I wouldn't worry about what you are seeing. I would say it is either from transplant shock or the cold weather. Both of mine are like 4'-5' feet tall and lose almost all their leaves each year due to the cold. The turn brown, get that same dried up look and spotting, and then fall off.

However, they are extremely resilient plants, probably the most resilient plants I have and always bounce back every spring with more leaves, flowers, and fruit than the year before. I think your plants are just fine and will bounce back. Keep them out of full sun for the time being while they are recovering/adjusting. You should see tons of new leaves within the next couple of weeks as the weather warms.

- Jacob

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 8:29AM
Umpah

Jacob, Where are you folks? I am in Glendale Arizona and would love to grow Jambus. I haven't been able to find out if they will grow here or much of anything else except that I loved them when I was in Thailand.

Umpah

Bookmark   March 16, 2012 at 2:54AM
toucan(9)

Jacob,
What kind of soil do you use for repotting the wax jambu. I too got recently got a wax jambu.

Where in the country are you? I see you are in zone 13.

Bookmark   June 5, 2012 at 2:10AM
tamsocal

I planted a red wax jambu tree 5 gal purchased 3 years ago from LA Mimosa Nusery. The tree is healthy with lots of leaves however it has been shedding leaves every winter since I got it. It has not flowered since I planted it 3 years ago. The tree is now about 7 feet tall. I live is Southern California. What type of care does the tree need such as pruning, fertilizer..?

Bookmark   September 29, 2013 at 2:19PM
bunny_foofoo

I do not have this type of fruit tree, but I live in zone 9 (Orlando FL) and when my fruit trees begin doing this (usually real hot sunny days) I mist the leaves. This seemed to stop it. I mist 2-3 times a day when it is really hot (morning, mid day and around 6pm).

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 2:12PM
More Discussions
Help ID this Papaya plant
Hi A friend gave me a seedling grown from a seed they...
eagleeyesg
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
My Chikoo (Sapodilla) is flowering!
Hello everyone! I am glad to see how my young tree...
MohammadLawati
Need help choosing containers for red maradol papaya
Hi friends, I am planning to start red maradol papaya...
vidnand
Avocado leaves dying
I've been growing two avocado plants for about 10 months...
leuconoe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™