Anyone have fresh tropical fruit for sale?

josh_811February 5, 2012

I am very interested in buying some fresh (ripe) tropical fruit. Please let me know what you have! my e mail is j_roc534@yahoo.com please put "FRUIT" as the subject line.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone! Thanks!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gnappi

Unfortunately, none that far north. If you were to stop by, I have lots of tree ripened papaya and carambola :-)

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 10:21PM
Andrew Scott

Hi Josh.
Do you have any Wegmans near you? I have been successfull there. About 2 weeks ago, I found rambutans there. They were fresh and very tasty. This past weekend I found cherimoyas at a diffrent Wegmans store. Some were ripe all ready while others were still pretty hard. I ate my first fruit thinking that they were decent but I have had much better fruits from Cherimoya.com

I had never had the rambutan fruits before so yes, I think they were worth the cost. Those were 9.99 a pound. The cherimoya I wouldn't buy again. The fruits were considerbly smaller and the flavor on a scale of 1-10 was about a 6.

Also, if you have any oriental markets, or hispanic markets you may be able to find them there.

I feel your pain. I still have yet to try many tropical fruits. Hopefully I will be in Florida for 4th of July and I will be able to try some more than.

Andrew

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 3:17PM
josh_811

Yeah I got to see if there is one near me, Ive heard of them. I have an asian market near me for frozen durian and jackfruit. My ultimate goal is to make it to Thailand-the fruit capital of the world

Bookmark   February 9, 2012 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
Edible Banana for Zone 9
Question- What edible banana (Musa) will work best...
Man-Go-Bananas
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
Papaya wasp help
I'm on the Fla Treasure Coast and my papaya tree /...
tcgardener
Passiflora "Edgehill" or "Black Knight" wanted
According to California Rare Fruit website, Passiflora...
sapote
Need help with mango tree
I have a tree and was wondering if in the future it...
lindalepark2006713
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™