Is this a Yucca tree?

jenraider72June 24, 2012

I had one about 2 summers ago that I couldn't bring inside, so I knew it would most likely not survive. The next season, I did not see anything, as expected. This year, all of a sudden, I saw this coming up around the area where the Yucca was. (This was one bought on major sale at a K-Mart-it wasn't too healthy when I planted it, but watered,used spray n Grow) Anyway, I couldn't think of what it could be, and the only thing it looked like was, possibly, the Yucca. It seems crazy, but we did have a super mild winter. Is it possible? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
subtropix

Yes, looks like a Yucca to me. I take it, it was one of the more tropical ones--but looks like it survived--much as my outdoor planted Oleander that overwintered outside and is near flowering now. Was a mild winter.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 2:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenraider72

Thanks so much for responding. Very happy to have someone confirm that it may be the Yucca. I just wonder how big it will get this season. I feel so lucky that it returned and so I figure I should try to dig it up and put it in the garage ,perhaps for this winter season. I don't think I should push my luck and leave it out again. I'll find the room for it somehow. Thanks again.

Bookmark   June 24, 2012 at 2:50PM
More Discussions
Id please of vine with pretty flowers
Guessing it's a tropical as it cannot take the cold....
nanzjade_z5
Anyone know a source for Wercklea ferox? (picture)
Saw this at the Dallas arboretum a few weeks ago and...
davissue_zone9
Finally, it has bloomed!
After eight or more years, this heliconia has bloomed....
shuffles_gw
moving a giant giant BOP
I'd like to move a well established giant bird of paradise...
Bettina Hooper
It may be too late, but what it happening to my Avocado tree?
So my little tree is about ten months old. The whole...
anielskim
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™