Greetings from Portland

mulleniumFebruary 5, 2013

After our move from Phoenix to Portland last August we are loving it in the PNW, so much greenery and natural beauty that doesn't even compare to the dusty landscapes of the desert.

I sold most of my collection before moving (including my beloved mango trees) but I kept my Jaboticaba, Dwarf Girardi Mulberry, Miracle Fruit (always kept indoors) and Barbados Cherry.

After moving here we bought a couple blueberry plants, one being pink lemonade variety.

I left everything outside (sans the miraclefruit) til a few weeks ago when things started to get chilly.. I think we had a couple nights that dropped to the low 30's and some light snow so I brought in the Jaboticaba and Barbados Cherry..

Needless to say I was too late and the Cherry died, slowly losing all its leaves and turning brittle. The Jaboticaba can take a beating though which is nice!

But... I'm looking forward to growing some NW cherries though, maybe some other berry varieties

This post was edited by mullenium on Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 17:54

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mangodog(palm springs 9B)

Hi Mullsy - glad you made it!

My partner, Joe, says that Portland is THE best of the Northwest! We've thought of getting a condo there to stay in for a month or two in the summers....

so - you don't miss the dusty and unbearable summers yet???

LOLOLOLOL.......

mangoD

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 5:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mullenium

no way lol

the rain and clouds up here is actually welcoming, lots of moss everywhere which is awesome :)

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 12:04PM
More Discussions
Old problem with Miracle fruit plants
Hi everyone here! I've been trying to grow miracle...
swfx
The Freeze in Central Florida!
The most top branches, the last 3 inches or so suffered...
seagel
Need help/advice on dwarf tropical trees
Hello everyone! So I live in WI and am trying to pull...
sjpickart
My Chikoo (Sapodilla) is flowering!
Hello everyone! I am glad to see how my young tree...
MohammadLawati
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™