Uncles avocado

HawaiiFruitGrowerFebruary 11, 2013

Here's a pic if my uncles avocado tree!! The variety is unknown but it's the best I've ever eaten, it's a big fruit very buttery high oil content, my uncle moved into this house 55 yrs ago and the tree was already 40 yrs old so I guess this tree would be about 95 yrs old, it is about 40 ft tall( he trims it alot) right now it has a lot if blooms!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johnb51(FL 10a)

If it's a seedling, it would be good to have someone graft it onto new rootstock. You might have a winning new variety on your hands!

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 7:10AM
HawaiiFruitGrower

john, im pretty sure its a seedling, i have a few rootstock that im waiting for to mature so i can graft some budwood from this tree its a very good avocado for here in hawaii very buttery, kind of big, slight oblong shape, and very beautiful purple color. And thanks i will become a member on tropicalfruitforum, and thats to bad your sons dont have the same interest, im glad i have this hobby, it runs through my veins my whole family have an agriculture back ground and including a green thumb. For me its a learning process and very fun hobby that i hope to become my job in the future.
Aloha~Brennan

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 2:55AM
johnb51(FL 10a)

Aloha. Good luck, Brennan! Both with the avocado variety and your future plans. My younger son, who is studying to be an engineer, says someday he wants to have a large enough place to grow most of his own food so I guess there's hope for him, although I might have to become his gardener-in-residence!

Bookmark   February 16, 2013 at 10:19PM
More Discussions
Lara Farms Nursery??
Anyone familiar with this Florida nursery that can...
ohiojay
Lychee web worms attack!
I have been greatly saddened to see my Brewster lychee...
bananafan2
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
Kesar Mango
Have you guys heard of Kesar Mango from India. I would...
mangobaby
Papaya wasp help
I'm on the Fla Treasure Coast and my papaya tree /...
tcgardener
Sponsored Products
New Design Black Wood Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle
Contemporary Drum Fabric Shade Frosted Glass Diffuser Modern Pendant
ParrotUncle
A-Worming We Did Go Book - AWWDG
$22.65 | Hayneedle
Resin Pole Lounge Gun Table Lamp
ParrotUncle
Modern Wood Ceiling Pendant Lighting Flashlight
ParrotUncle