what happened to my Money Tree

trillium15(z5a Ontario)June 17, 2008

My husband bought me a Money Tree at the local shop for my birthday last december. It was doing beautifully until the Spring when we lost a few of the leaves. I figured out that I was over watering it.

We recently moved and it got tipped out of it's pot. We repotted it with all the soil. We had a few bracts turn yellow and now I realize that it's not supposed to be in direct sunlight. I guess that front and centre in my bay window is not wise.

I moved it the other day and we have 2 new shoots starting from the top of one of the 5 stalks but hubby noticed today that 2 of the 5 stalks that are woven together are brown (the others are green). I think they are dead but I'm not sure if I should cut them back. I'm worried of how the others will be supported if the 2 dead ones are cut back and removed from 'the braid'. Will there be damage to the healthy ones to leav the dead ones there?

I water it about once a month now and I am not sure if it should have fertilizer. I have jobe sticks and plumeria food. Does anyone know if either is fine to feed it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nyssaman(Z6 ON)

I think you answered your own post..lol - with regard to cutting it - you could remove the dead wood and put a stake in for support. When the top inch dries, water it with a good drench with a mild fertilizer like Shultz 10-15-10 for houseplants you can use this every time you water comes in a little tiny bottle. you can keep it in 75 % shade (under a tree )for the summer just make sure you keep it out of the rain and out of full sun.

cheers

Jeff

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 2:48PM
More Discussions
My wee lychee: what does it need
I have a lychee sapling, that I grew from a grocery-store...
tamtrible
Dracaena Marginata getting TOO tall
i have a Dracaena Marginata that has grown quite tall...
TJG911
HAVE: for trade
I have close to 2000 different kinds of tropicals for...
Angel_Hawk1975
Can you help me ID this vine/climber?
Hello, I got this plant last year from a very lovely...
dubai-gardener
Sponsored Products
Hamilton Shutter Double Vanity
Home Decorators Collection
Elk Lighting 517-6S 6 Light Pendant in Satin Nickel & Sapphire Glass
Beyond Stores
Crystals Flush Mount with Drum Shade
ParrotUncle
Milan One Light LED Pendant In Satin Nickel And Simply White Glass
$112.00 | Bellacor
Jane Seymour Pink Rose and Peony 10 in. Silk Flower Arrangement - JSB230-PKGR
$120.00 | Hayneedle