Dragonfruit bloom dying?

cybunnies123(9)July 8, 2013

I recently bought a dragonfruit, that at the moment only has one main growth. There is one flower bud that may or may not open soon. It was doing fine for awhile, staying green and looking healthy but suddenly some of the tips of the leaves are shriveling and the bud is turning a reddish yellow in some areas. Is it going to survive? Or is it going to shrivel and fall off? I don't have it in full sun (as far as I know) it only gets filtered morning sun. It's mostly in shade. I'm watering it enough and not letting the soil become too dry. I think that's right because its a tropical cactus and not a desert one? Also, when I bought it, it already had a full grown fruit on it and a smaller fruit with a dried flower still attatched, sadly that one fell off :( I think It got knocked off somehow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cybunnies123(9)

Update, this morning I found it in the soil of my dragonfruit pot. It fell off somehow. That's really disappointing... Maybe its too hot for it to bloom now.. Its been in the 100s here in Arizona. It has another tiny growing flowerbud on it. Hopefully it survives. Could anybody please explain why this might have happened? It may help me to save the other flowerbud.

Bookmark   July 8, 2013 at 1:18PM
More Discussions
where can I find the full "suicidal gardenia" thread?
Anyone know where to read the whole thing?
dreambig3becca
HAVE: for trade
I have close to 2000 different kinds of tropicals for...
Angel_Hawk1975
What is this plant?
We just bought a house in Boynton Beach Florida that...
splats
Papaya: Sex of Flowers or Tree?
I have a 1 yr. old papaya tree now in bloom. I have...
meilie
It may be too late, but what it happening to my Avocado tree?
So my little tree is about ten months old. The whole...
anielskim
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™