Are there any real doctors like Dr. Oz?

marti8aMay 19, 2011

One who will listen to your history, consider your symptoms, listen to your thoughts, AND not push drugs first?

And if anyone has a doctor like that in the DAllas area, please let me know!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Maybe an osteopath? I don't have any personal experiece as a patient, but always thought their approach sounded wise. They are as fully licenced to practice medicine as AMA MDs, but carry the title of DO. I met one that was an ER doctor. This is from the internet:

"DO's practice a "whole person" approach to medicine. Instead of just treating specific symptoms or illnesses, they regard your body as an integrated whole.
Osteopathic physicians focus on preventive healthcare. ...

In today's terms, personal health risks - such as smoking, high blood pressure, excessive cholesterol levels, stress and other lifestyle factors - are evaluated for each individual. In coordination with appropriate medical treatment, the osteopathic physician acts as a teacher to help patients take more responsibility for their own well-being and change unhealthy patterns. ...

Today osteopathic physicians continue to be on the cutting edge of modern medicine. DO's are able to combine today's awesome medical technology with the tools of their ears, to listen carefully to their patients; their eyes, to see their patients as whole persons; and their hands, to diagnose and treat injury and illness."

Here is a link that might be useful: About Osteopathic Medicine ...

Bookmark   May 28, 2011 at 10:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marti8a

My current doctor is a DO. I like him, and like that he agrees with me on a natural approach whenever possible, but his office doesn't have a lab and they misdiagnosed me the last time I was in. My obgyn was dumbfounded that they didn't catch it, AND, the nurse at the DO's office chewed me out because I questioned the diagnosis. So, the hunt is on for a new Dr.

Bookmark   June 1, 2011 at 11:47PM
More Discussions
I know its too wet to rototill but, what if.............
I live in North Texas and I am in the process of creating...
Steve Wiley
Which of these plants might work on my blazing hot deck?
My 2nd story deck is full blazing sun, and I want to...
liz_h
Sedum suggestions or thoughts?
Please bear with a newbie dumb question. I bought Rainbow...
tejas_ruthie
What is this plant?
Need help identifying this plant. It is growing in...
stephendbrown
HAVE: Ft Worth Spring Swap Trinity Park April 18
Okay, I know it's still January. technically. But the...
sylviatexas1
Sponsored Products
Victorian Urn Door Knocker
Signature Hardware
Professional Skincare System
$34.50 | FRONTGATE
Cole & Co. 48" Designer Series Collection Chamberlain Sink Chest - Parchment
Modern Bathroom
GE 16 in. Slim Nickel-Finish Picture Light 15931
$27.97 | Home Depot
Curve Collection 14 3/4" Wide Chrome Bathroom Light
Euro Style Lighting