New update on Kathy (natvtxn)

jolanawebMay 18, 2006

Okay, the reason I couldn't get her is because she's back in the hospital. Her back is great she said but she developed a staph infection where they removed her rib and it was very painful and she was very sick.

Tomorrow she will be going back to Rehab.

She said to tell everyone *hi* and thanks for the thughts and prayers

jolana

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikeandbarb(z8 D/FW)

Bless her heart, I hope it clears up and she'll be better than ever. Thanl you for keep us in touch

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 12:34AM
PKponder TX(7b)

I sure hope she is feeling better soon.

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 6:42AM
pjtexgirl(7b DFW)

D*mn it! That really sucks. Poor Kathy!!! She's still in my prayers. Thanks from me too for letting us know.PJ

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 8:05AM
sally2_gw

How frustrating and painful for her. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Sally

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 9:24AM
Jacquelyn8b(8b)

Thanks for the update, Jolana.
Surely she will heal quickly now, she certainly has lots of people senting up reminders on her behalf!

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 9:42AM
denaw(z8Conroe)

Wow...you know I work in the medical insurance industry, paying medical claims, and boy have we seen a rise in staph...Its scary...its a bad infection...
I am really praying that she will recover very soon...
Dena

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 9:48AM
carolann_z8(8)

Poor little Kathy. I hope she gets well soon.

It's too bad about the infection.

Thoughts and prayers coming your way Kathy.
~Carol

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 7:05PM
petra_gw

Oh my, best wishes to her!! But since she is going back to rehab, she must be on the mend. Hopefully, she'll be back on her feet and posting again in no time at all.

Bookmark   May 19, 2006 at 7:53PM
ltcollins1949(9a TX)

Gosh, that sounds terrible. I will keep her in my prayers, and I hope that she will be coming back down to the coast to visit after she gets well.

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 7:05PM
jolanaweb

Linda, where in the world have you been?????

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 10:14PM
pjtexgirl(7b DFW)

Hiding! I was going to ask the same thing but didn't wanna scare her off with a "where have you been young lady" speech.PJ

Bookmark   May 20, 2006 at 11:27PM
ltcollins1949(9a TX)

Hey Y'all!

HA! Well, now don't get jealous, but I've been visiting my daughter and granddaughter in O'ahu, Hawaii. My SIL is stationed there with the Army and is in Thailand for the month of May, so I said, "Hey, I'm going to Hawaii! Bye DH! Take good care of all the kids (a/k/a dogs & cats)!"

OMG you just can't believe all that plants that grow wild out there. BEAUTIFUL! Truly a plant lovers paradise! I said forget about the tourist traps, and so we drove around and went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation (OK, it is a tourist trap, but a neat one with all kinds of plants.), and then we went to the Waimea Valley Audubon Center on the North Shore. Incredible. Amazing. Gorgeous. And at the end of the trail there is the Waimea Falls that flows into a beautiful pool.

And on-post, where my kids live, many of the housing units are vacant, but with great plants growing all around them. So I made good use of my walking-the-dog times to get a bunch of clippings for my daughter. One time I cut 4 huge bird-of-paradise flowers for her with some of the large green leaves and put them in a large vase for her dining room table. I got cuttings of plumerias, mother-in-law tongues, aloes, ferns, and others that I don't know the names of, but they are pretty. And right outside her door she has a huge mango tree hanging with lots of fruit, an avocado tree that they got fruit from all winter, and a couple of large jacaranda trees all in bloom. They really smelled great.

So I'm trying to get my DH to agree to head to Hawaii for turkey day! Booking in advance gives you some really good flight rates, and staying with the kids is an extra added bonus. Especially since my little granddaughter just turned one in March.

Aloha!

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 12:32PM
carolann_z8(8)

Well, I'm jealous. What a fun place to go. It would be hard to come home to my plants after seeing Hawaii though.lol

When Jolana came down I was telling her that I noticed that you hadn't posted in a long time and wondered where you were.

I figured you were just lurking.

Now I want to make my DH take me there.

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 4:07PM
jolanaweb

I'm jealous and you're grounded and your punishment is ...you have to take me to Hawaii, lol
It sounds like you had a great time, nothing too much better than being with your kiddos and getting to see pretty flowers, lol

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 6:36PM
carolann_z8(8)

Jolana, maybe if we save our money, cash in our coke bottles and s&h green stamps then we can go.

WHAAAA....I wanna go.

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 7:18PM
jolanaweb

OMG, S&H Green Stamps??? Wow, how I loved them!!!!

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 8:15PM
carolann_z8(8)

I loved them too. That's how I got all my sheets when I first got married.

I'm really telling my age now.

Of course I was a child bride. hehehe

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 11:23PM
jolanaweb

Uh, yeah, me too,lol

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 11:44PM
pjtexgirl(7b DFW)

I used to take my moms stamps and stick them to the back wall of my closet. Don't ask me why I have no clue.I remember her having to get way back in my closet looking for my shoes and saying,"Oh! THAT's where they are!!!" PJ

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 8:03AM
carolann_z8(8)

PJ, you were a brat way back then. lol

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 6:36PM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Good to hear that Kathy is doing better. I hope she is back to adding her two cents worth by the time I get back.

Bookmark   May 26, 2006 at 9:16AM
More Discussions
Need layout help!
Please advise on what plant! Im disgusted with my front...
snackattacker
Can you ID this bird?
These pictures are from Carrie. Can you ID this bird? Thank...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Need help with a Houston full-sun bed
Hi there! I have a full-sun bed with miscanthus in...
olivesoil
Carrie's Snow Pictures from this Morning ...
Carrie lives a little north of Dallas. She says "And...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Do you have plant markers?
Since words and names don't come as easily to my mind...
marti8a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™