Heritage - KBX and Manyel

Rathos(7b PA)March 5, 2012

Just a nod to these guys. I ordered 2 packs of KBX from heritage tomato seed. I received an email the same day (thursday) and received the seeds today (monday), well packaged and in good order.

additionally, they included a pack of Manyel tomatoes as a gift. is this common practice?

At any rate - great experience, and very reasonable price.

Now can anyone give me an idea what to expect from the Manyels? I've never heard of them, (granted, i'm still a nublet) and would be interested in hearing what people think about them. And Heritage, if applicable =)

-Rathos

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
garystpaul(4)

Rathos, my experience with HTS has been great; they're one of the best. A number of seed suppliers will throw in a bonus packet, which is cool in a grab-bag sort of way. I haven't grown Manyel, but it's a popular variety, a lot of suppliers carry it. Here's the blurb on Manyel from Tatiana's tomatobase:

75-80 days, indet., regular leaf, good yield of 3" golden yellow globes, blemish-free, very good taste with a hint of citrus.

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 6:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolyn137(z4/5 NY)

Let me try to clarify.

I was the person who introduced Manyel to others via my listing in the SSE YEarbook, Tania doesn't have that info there and I suppose I should give her the rest of the info as well, since I'm in contact with her all the time.

My seeds were from Joe Bratka many years ago and when he got them it was also said that the word Manyel meant many moons, but nowhere could that be verified and also of Native American heritage and nowhere could that be verified either.

Tania has two listings, one for Manyel and one for Many Moons which is not a separate variety, rather a wrongly suggested translation of the word Manyel. So those two pages should have the same information.

Hope that helps.

Carolyn, and no it isn't unusual for many seed sites to include a bonus pack. Even when packing up tomato seeds for my SSE requests I include a "gift" pack of seeds.

Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 6:36PM
More Discussions
T-5 Grow light question on seedlings that just germinated
I should no this by now, but seedlings with out true...
thebutcher
Container size for tomatos
I'm considering some of the larger tomato plants. How...
jrh02139
Plant Out Plans For--2015 Season
Who is getting ready for the big event : i.e, PLANT...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Pinetree Garden Seed Company for Cuostralee
Is Pinetree Garden Seed a reliable source for tomato...
matthias_lang
Supermarket Tomatoes 4
On 1-27-15 I planted 4 more seeds again from a supermarket...
garf_gw
Sponsored Products
Crystorama Paris Scroll Chandelier 4514-WW-CL - 4514-WW-CL
$300.00 | Hayneedle
Heritage Black Six-Light Chandelier
$279.90 | Bellacor
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Safavieh Rugs Heritage Red / Black 2 ft. 3 in. x 10 ft.
Home Depot
Newport Collection 28" High Outdoor Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
Safavieh Handmade Heritage Mahal Black Wool Runner (2'3 x 8')
Overstock.com
Heritage Home Safe
FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™