Sugar Apple Seedlings

andrew78(6)March 6, 2011

I was wondering if anyone had any sugar apple seedlings that they were willing to part with. I have been wanting to try the fruits for a long time and getting a seedling seems like the most likely way I will ever get to try the fruits.

I have on seedling that started last summer. About 12 seedlings germinated and over the winter, I lost them all except for this one. For some reason I can germinate cherimoya. I actually had so many seedlings I threw most away.

I do have seedlings and seeds I can trade. I also have seed grown passion fruit vines that came from Hawaii. I know the name of the variety but I cannot think of it off hand. I do know that it starts with a P. LOL! I can find out if anyone is interested.

Andrew

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jlgarden(8)

Andrew, I have 3 and I can send you one. I started mine not too long after you started yours. They had been grown for 2 winters and a summer. They are about two feet tall and just got pugged to about 10" to encourage branching. The seeds were from Trade Wind. I also have another set of SA seedlings I started few months ago. These are from the fruit I had in Houston. The fruit was the chewy type that I like. Hope it will grow true from seeds.
Bo (yaslan) sent me some cherimoya seeds last spring and these seedlings are sure growing very fast. I grafted atemoya scion onto them this early February but they were all failed. Too bad, otherwise, you can have one of it too. I can post pic if you want to have a look at it. I am interest in your Maha Chinook budwoods whenever your tree needs to prun.
Mark.

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 6:36PM
yaslan(8 WA state)

Andrew - I hope you're able to locate a few sugar apple seedlings. I do have some seeds but they float in water. Does this mean they're no longer viable?

jlgarden - good to hear the cherimooya seeds did well for you! Did you use all of the seedlings as graft? Please post a pic. I'd love to see what became of the seeds I sent ya. ( :

Thanks!

-Bo

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 11:07PM
jlgarden(8)

Hi Bo, I got about 8 seedlings growing. Gave 2 away and grafted all but one. I brought the scions home from LA during my Christmas trip. They were not grafted until Feb. I think that was the reason why the grafts fail. I will find some budwoods and try it again. If you want one of this SA seedling, I will have one sent your way. I will post some pics tomorrow.
Mark.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 1:02AM
jlgarden(8)

Bo, These are some Cherimoya plans and the failed grafts are still on them.

and these are my three SA seedlings. New leaves are about to grow.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 4:26PM
yaslan(8 WA state)

They look terrific and are super healthy and has a nice trunk! Does your cherimoya seedlings look similar to these?

-Bo

p.s Sorry, Andrew, for hijacking your thread ( ;

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
The Freeze in Central Florida!
The most top branches, the last 3 inches or so suffered...
seagel
What would be the best fruits to grow in a mini jungle
Hi, I'm working on a small jungle area, and at...
giantgunnera
Lychee Mauritius finally blooming ....
My 10-year old Lychee Mauritius is finally in bloom....
bananafan
Yellowing of Papaya leaves
Hi all, My papaya plant has been losing it's lower...
CoryMiamiBeach
White Sapote in a container?
Hi, Is it possible for a white Sapote in a container...
fleabernal1983
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™