Red Sugar Apple seeds

BamfwalrusMarch 5, 2014

I've been looking for seeds to red varieties of Annona squamosa for a while, but haven't found any for sale yet. Are these plants true to seed/do they transfer their red color to offspring? There are some growers selling seeds for each variety, which leads me to believe they are...
Mostly interested in the Big Red and Kampong Mauve cultivars. If anyone knows of a source for seeds, a link or suggestion would be greatly appreciated! (Or suggestions of north/central CA nurseries that sell red varieties)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ohiojay(z6 OH)

You can check my website for the link to another forum. Look up FloridaGreenMan. His name is Noel. If anyone can get you seeds to his Big Red, he is. This is Noel's creation and he named it. I just spoke with him and he has seeds available. The Big Red is definitely a better producer than the KM.

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 7:35PM
keiki(10 FL)

I have red sugar apple seeds available for trade. The fruit is large and very sweet probably kapong mauve but thats just my guess. Got anything edible to trade?

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 8:17PM
keiki(10 FL)

I have red sugar apple seeds available for trade. The fruit is large and very sweet probably kapong mauve but thats just my guess. Got anything edible to trade?

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 8:20PM
keiki(10 FL)

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 8:22PM
keiki(10 FL)

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 8:26PM
More Discussions
Avocados for zone 3?
Please see below for my question.
loneroc1
problem with carica papaya seedling survival
Hi I live in a temperate zone, have a large conservatory,...
marcyoung
Lychee Mauritius finally blooming ....
My 10-year old Lychee Mauritius is finally in bloom....
bananafan
Papaya wasp help
I'm on the Fla Treasure Coast and my papaya tree /...
tcgardener
Photo of Hayward ca Papaya in the SF bay area
Proof of what I have never seen before. The owner told...
stanofh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™