I just wanted to share

prairiepaintbrush(RedOak, TX z7/8)June 2, 2007

I do not eat honeybunchesofoats. I am not amused by or interested in commercials for honeybunchesofoats. I'm damned sick and tired of all mention of honeybunchesofoats.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terryisthinking

I am sick of "Starter Wife" commercials. So sick of it, that I didn't watch the show.

Bookmark   June 2, 2007 at 7:59PM
natvtxn(z8BTX)

I agree, I am never buying honeybunchesofoats!

Bookmark   June 2, 2007 at 8:48PM
prairiepaintbrush(RedOak, TX z7/8)

The next time I hear, "mah husbind tells me ahm HOT!" I'm going to shoot the TV.

Bookmark   June 2, 2007 at 9:26PM
justintx(7B-NorthFt.Worth)

dittos
J.D.

Bookmark   June 2, 2007 at 9:55PM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Double "ditto" !!!!
Carrie

Bookmark   June 2, 2007 at 11:33PM
mikeandbarb(z8 D/FW)

Thats smokin hot LOL, shoot the TV

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 5:23AM
PKponder TX(7b)

LOL...PPB, I thought I was the only one who felt that way about that one line.

Pam

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 8:25AM
terryisthinking

It depends on when you watch TV, as to what assails your senses. I haven't seen a HBOO (cereal) commercial in a long time.

I hate those smokin hot bod commercials too. Even when I had one, I wouldn't have said that, even to my husband!

But now there are people who will go naked on TV to get a butt-lift.

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 10:38AM
sally2_gw

I can't say I've seen it, either, but I'm usually very, very quick to use the mute button whenever commercials come on. There's a few I'll put the sound back on for, such as the caveman commercials, but 99.9% of commercials are way too loud - expecially car commercials. The ones I hate the most are those awful car/truck commercials with that cowboy's ugly face plastered close up, then it shows him swinging a lariot and dancing around. Those are not only horrible to listen to, they're awful to watch. I've been know to even change channels when those come on. I hate the shouting Kia commercials, too, and the shouting Toyota commercials. I just don't think it's necessary to shout. Of course, I did say I use the mute button as quickly as possible, but it's not always close enough to turn the sound off fast enough. DH thinks I'm sound sensitive. He may be right. DD says her roommates get annoyed when she mutes the commercials. I just don't understand that.

Sally

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 11:00AM

GAwd, I don't know the cowboy car/truck commercials. The stupid cereal commercial was on the computer. Y'know, if they'd put a commercial on once or twice a day and space them out, it wouldn't be so bad. But when you see the same one on every channel at every commercial break, it becomes torture. Stupid ad agencies.

Bookmark   June 3, 2007 at 9:42PM
rick_mcdaniel(Lewisville, TX)

TV? What's that? Oh.....yeah, that's the commercial advertising gizmo.

I never watch it. I have no idea which commercials are obnoxious, unless they are on the web......like the ones on here!

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 9:44AM
stitches216(8/9 Hou-Galv)

My favorite commercial running currently is the one with the singing yellow Lab puppy, "There may be bugs on some of your mugs, but there ain't no bugs on me!" The combination of that child-like snotty, nanny-nanny-boo-boo voice and the dog's postures...lots of tricks with video editing...make me laugh so hard every time I see it, I am not sure even now what it's advertising - flea collars, I think...I annoyed DW by recording a show, not for the show, but because I knew that commercial was run during the break.

I'm with Sally. I don't get it with cars and furniture - it's like they've figured, the louder they yell, the more of each they'll sell. I'm almost deaf, and those shouters still bother me - and keep me and my money at home. Oh SHUCKS! Almost forgot! Gotta sign out and lock eyes on the tube! I'm missing U. of Arizona and my favorite baseball-playing cutie, Adrienne Acton, in the softball World Series! I can't hear, but I can still see, and I know cute when I see it and refuse to miss it!

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 8:07PM
denisew(z8 TX)

I don't care for the car commercials either. But, I do like the caveman commercials and that flooring commercial with the family sitting on the couch watching a scary movie. Then it shows their little Boston terrier who just peed on their new wood floor at the site of the scary monster on the tv. Poor little dog!

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 9:56PM
little_dani(9, S. Tex Coast)

I love that Armstrong floor commercial. I snicker when the 'smoking hot body' thing comes on, cause DH ALWAYS says (under his breath, to himself), "Whut makes you think it's so smokin' hot now?" LOLOL

I like the commercial for the hair product- shampoo, conditioner, or hair dye, dunno what- that shows the woman getting married, pregnant and pregnant again and letting herself go- then the majic hair product fixes her all at once. It is cute.

I am beginning to get annoyed at South Beach Diet. Sometimes I have to suffer a commercial from them when i come here. Sometimes I don't. I don't know what makes the difference.

Janie

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 10:16PM

LOL Stitches! Hope your view was good!

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 10:17PM
More Discussions
WANTED: San Antonio Plant Swap
Mark your calendars: Sat., April 18, 9 am, Rogiers...
loreleicomal
Iris Bloom on a Sunday!
This is another bloom that graced my morning walk....
pinkkpearls
Need Texas wisteria in Austin
Good morning! Does anyone know where I can find Texas...
atxhoolie
anyone seeing bluebonnets blooming yet?
I am on vacation this week and would love to take a...
PKponder TX
Tree identification
Just bought a house in San antonio and have no idea...
Diana Ortega
Sponsored Products
Butterscotch Parallels Bronze Balance Arm Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Homelegance Tempe 5 Piece Counter Height Table Set w/ Faux Marble Top
Beyond Stores
New Oriental Area Super Kazak 2'x6' Medallion Design Hand Knotted Wool Rug H5256
BH Sun Inc
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Cambridge Purple/Ivory 9 ft. x
Home Depot
Good as Gold Mirror
$129.99 | Dot & Bo
Justice Design Group CNDL-8924 - Modular 4 Light Bath Bar - Square Flared Shade
$398.00 | Hayneedle
Crosby Linen Thermal Insulated 80-by-54 inch Tab Top Foamback Curtains
$49.95 | Bellacor
Full 464TC Flat Solid-Color Sheet - MODERN CHARCOAL
$68.90 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™