Attn: The Dekopon on EastCoast!

tropicalisteMarch 21, 2011

I perused my local Asian grocery, and didn't find anything interesting and out the corner of my eye I saw "Sumo" on a box in some ladies cart and nearly flipped, they had the Dekopon here in Maryland, at Lotte in Ellicott City so anyone who is interested go now while it is on sale! $9.95 a box! They're so delicious too!!

Here's my attempt at posting the pictures of the Sumo but bare with me because I've never posted pictures.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
    Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 7:06PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

I posted your pictures directly for you tropicaliste...so we can see it...Glad you got to try it! Nothing here in my area :o(

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 8:16PM
ashleysf(9 San Jose,CA)

most WholeFoods in my area are carrying it. You might try the one closest to you to see if they have some!

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 8:46PM
yaslan(8 WA state)

tropicaliste - you're so lucky! Ever since Harry posted a thread about these hard-to-find citrus, I've been searching form them! I even went to a Japanese grocery store today and did not find any. But, wow, since you're all the way on the east coast I am certain there must be some here in Oregon/Washington! LOL

-Bo

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 8:50PM
tropicaliste

Pug
Thank you I couldn't figure that stuff out after reading the how-to-post-pics posting over and over. :)

Bo
On the "Sumo" site they list "assi" as a distributor in SoCal and since their home operations are here in MD they must have shipped a portion here and since all the citrus is imported regardless it only makes sense from a business standpoint. Maybe an "assi/rhee bros./Lotte" in your area?(It's a Korean business.) :)

They're very sweet and kind of a bit like the mandarins in the can except naturally sweet than those sugary cans, very "clean" and light on the citrus flavor. Some of the bottoms are naveled and the others have no navel... interestingly the navel ones have some kind of false sour fruit attached on the inside and tonight I opened one to find the inside had turned grayblack... waste of $1.65. Also so far no seeds...(boo)

BTW the other pic(showing the pricetag):
http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l517/Tropicaliste/?action=view&current=Tropicalist.jpg

Bookmark   March 21, 2011 at 9:44PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Tropicaliste, sent you an email about posting pics...I tried to explain it here but the symbols wouldn't show up :o(

Here's your other picture with the Price...

Nancy

Bookmark   March 22, 2011 at 8:52AM
More Discussions
Lychee Mauritius finally blooming ....
My 10-year old Lychee Mauritius is finally in bloom....
bananafan
Need help choosing containers for red maradol papaya
Hi friends, I am planning to start red maradol papaya...
vidnand
Old problem with Miracle fruit plants
Hi everyone here! I've been trying to grow miracle...
swfx
WTB Wax Jambu, Star fruit and Barbados Cherry cuttings
Want to buy (WTB) cuttings of the following plants Star...
poetie
Do you have a Soursop that is producing fruit for you?
I purchased a Soursop back in 2009 and it has always...
bananafan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™