A few things I am looking to trade. (FL)

jsvand5March 7, 2011

I recently cleared out the greenhouse for the season and have a few things that will not be able to fit after this season. I have a big Philippine mango (5'-6'), a Hak ip lychee (about 4'), a Emperor lychee (about 4'), and a Miracle fruit tree (about 2 feet and producing berries). All are too big to be shipped except maybe the miracle fruit. Just let me know what you have. I am in central FL but I'll be making a trip down to South FL this summer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mango_kush

Ill take the Miracle fruit off your hands, I think mine is toast. Let me know what you want.

If you trade for things wont your greenhouse be just as full :)

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 7:16PM
jsvand5

Yea, I am kind of looking to get rid of some things that are taking up a lot of space that I either have duplicates of or don't like the fruit of to make room for something that I might like better. I don't really have anything in mind. Just looking for something interesting that I don't already have. Let me know what you have available.

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 7:46PM
sleep(10a/b)

I have a Cogshall mango in a 25 gallon pot . It is in OK condition, last season it produced 5 fruit to maturity. This year no flowers, as I did not really give it very much care. I sort of lost interest in growing a potted plant, and I already have a Cogshall in the ground. If you are interested, I will trade it for your Hak ip ..

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 8:54PM
tropicaliste

It's a shame you're all the way in FL or I would definitely be interested! Especially your mango...

:)

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 10:50PM
andrew78(6)

ME too I second that. I would take the Phillipine off your hands. have you had any fruit from it? I thought I remember someone saying that the Phillipine is similiar in taste to the Atualfo. If there is any truth to that, I would be on a search for the Phillipine. Ah, on second thought maybe it would be better for me not to know!!

Hey Sleep,
When you said that your Cogshall only produced 5 fruit in a 25 gal pot, was that a normal crop for that particular variety or was that its first year? I am asking because I am growing 3 varieties in pots right now. I have Carrie, Lancetilla, and Maha Chinook. By the end of summer I will hopefully have either Mallika or Pickering, maybe both!!

Thanks for your input. I really would like to know since I have become crazed about growing mango trees in pots!

Andrew

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 12:31AM
mango_kush

while Ataulfo and Philippine are similar, they are not identical like Ataulfo/manilla/champagne may be

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 8:04AM
sleep(10a/b)

Andrew,

I would guess that if taken care of well, the Cogshall would have produced more. I am very much a novice with potted plants, and I pay way more attention to my in ground trees.

I also bought a 15 gallon Pickering last year from pine Island. I was amazed at how it had 5 large manogo's on it at the nursery, while it's trunk was only about as thick as my thumb. Fruit was very good. I planted it in the fall, and this year it did not flower. But I think that it would be a real winner for a potted mango.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 8:16AM
trini1trini

jsvand5, would you be interested in a Kwai muk tree for your emperor lychee?
T-

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 2:07PM
jsvand5

I may be interested in the kwai muk. What is the size on it? does it produce good fruit? The emperor is flowering for me now. 3rd season in a row it has fruited for me. I'll try to take a pic for you. Do you have a pic of you kwai muk?

Sleep, could you get me a pic of your cogshall? I'll try to get a pic of the hak ip in the morning.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 12:28AM
sleep(10a/b)

Cogshall this morning

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 11:44AM
jsvand5

wow, I was not expecting to see such a large tree. I think that may be too tall for what I need. Thanks for the offer though.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 12:24PM
tropicaliste

Def a super nice tree. What's the issue with it, a lack of room in your collection/porch space?

:)

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 5:34PM
trini1trini

jsvand5 I'll get you a pix tomorrow. I haven't tried the fruit yet. It's an attractive tree though and not always available from what I've read. Tree is about 4' tall.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 7:31PM
squam256

That Cogshall could use some pruning.

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 1:59PM
trini1trini

jsvand5, my camera is acting up so I'll take a photo with my phone and email it you in the morning.

Bookmark   March 14, 2011 at 8:41PM
More Discussions
Old problem with Miracle fruit plants
Hi everyone here! I've been trying to grow miracle...
swfx
WTB Wax Jambu, Star fruit and Barbados Cherry cuttings
Want to buy (WTB) cuttings of the following plants Star...
poetie
The Freeze in Central Florida!
The most top branches, the last 3 inches or so suffered...
seagel
Lychee Mauritius finally blooming ....
My 10-year old Lychee Mauritius is finally in bloom....
bananafan
Yellowing of Papaya leaves
Hi all, My papaya plant has been losing it's lower...
CoryMiamiBeach
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™