A few things I am looking to trade. (FL)

jsvand5March 7, 2011

I recently cleared out the greenhouse for the season and have a few things that will not be able to fit after this season. I have a big Philippine mango (5'-6'), a Hak ip lychee (about 4'), a Emperor lychee (about 4'), and a Miracle fruit tree (about 2 feet and producing berries). All are too big to be shipped except maybe the miracle fruit. Just let me know what you have. I am in central FL but I'll be making a trip down to South FL this summer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mango_kush

Ill take the Miracle fruit off your hands, I think mine is toast. Let me know what you want.

If you trade for things wont your greenhouse be just as full :)

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 7:16PM
jsvand5

Yea, I am kind of looking to get rid of some things that are taking up a lot of space that I either have duplicates of or don't like the fruit of to make room for something that I might like better. I don't really have anything in mind. Just looking for something interesting that I don't already have. Let me know what you have available.

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 7:46PM
sleep(10a/b)

I have a Cogshall mango in a 25 gallon pot . It is in OK condition, last season it produced 5 fruit to maturity. This year no flowers, as I did not really give it very much care. I sort of lost interest in growing a potted plant, and I already have a Cogshall in the ground. If you are interested, I will trade it for your Hak ip ..

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 8:54PM
tropicaliste

It's a shame you're all the way in FL or I would definitely be interested! Especially your mango...

:)

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 10:50PM
Andrew Scott

ME too I second that. I would take the Phillipine off your hands. have you had any fruit from it? I thought I remember someone saying that the Phillipine is similiar in taste to the Atualfo. If there is any truth to that, I would be on a search for the Phillipine. Ah, on second thought maybe it would be better for me not to know!!

Hey Sleep,
When you said that your Cogshall only produced 5 fruit in a 25 gal pot, was that a normal crop for that particular variety or was that its first year? I am asking because I am growing 3 varieties in pots right now. I have Carrie, Lancetilla, and Maha Chinook. By the end of summer I will hopefully have either Mallika or Pickering, maybe both!!

Thanks for your input. I really would like to know since I have become crazed about growing mango trees in pots!

Andrew

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 12:31AM
mango_kush

while Ataulfo and Philippine are similar, they are not identical like Ataulfo/manilla/champagne may be

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 8:04AM
sleep(10a/b)

Andrew,

I would guess that if taken care of well, the Cogshall would have produced more. I am very much a novice with potted plants, and I pay way more attention to my in ground trees.

I also bought a 15 gallon Pickering last year from pine Island. I was amazed at how it had 5 large manogo's on it at the nursery, while it's trunk was only about as thick as my thumb. Fruit was very good. I planted it in the fall, and this year it did not flower. But I think that it would be a real winner for a potted mango.

Bookmark   March 8, 2011 at 8:16AM
trini1trini

jsvand5, would you be interested in a Kwai muk tree for your emperor lychee?
T-

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 2:07PM
jsvand5

I may be interested in the kwai muk. What is the size on it? does it produce good fruit? The emperor is flowering for me now. 3rd season in a row it has fruited for me. I'll try to take a pic for you. Do you have a pic of you kwai muk?

Sleep, could you get me a pic of your cogshall? I'll try to get a pic of the hak ip in the morning.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 12:28AM
sleep(10a/b)

Cogshall this morning

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 11:44AM
jsvand5

wow, I was not expecting to see such a large tree. I think that may be too tall for what I need. Thanks for the offer though.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 12:24PM
tropicaliste

Def a super nice tree. What's the issue with it, a lack of room in your collection/porch space?

:)

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 5:34PM
trini1trini

jsvand5 I'll get you a pix tomorrow. I haven't tried the fruit yet. It's an attractive tree though and not always available from what I've read. Tree is about 4' tall.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 7:31PM
squam256

That Cogshall could use some pruning.

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 1:59PM
trini1trini

jsvand5, my camera is acting up so I'll take a photo with my phone and email it you in the morning.

Bookmark   March 14, 2011 at 8:41PM
More Discussions
Moringa O. seeds trade for tropical fruit ?
I have several dozen Moringa seeds, i already have...
greenman62
Ackee Tree Question
I planted my Ackee tree three years ago when it was...
swrancher
Hak Ip Lychee Blooming SoCal
Last year i decided to plant 3 lychee trees here in...
grox200
Why Doesn't My Sapodilla Ripen?
My sapodilla tree has had a good crop of fist-sized...
billbrandi
Edible Banana for Zone 9
Question- What edible banana (Musa) will work best...
Man-Go-Bananas
Sponsored Products
Ocean Light Oushak Rug 10' x 14'
$6,699.00 | Horchow
Prismatic Blue and Red Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor
Art of Motorcycle Maintenance Birds
$79.99 | Dot & Bo
NCAA Texas Tech Red Raiders Jersey Mesh Valance
$23.95 | Bellacor
Petrified Wood Low Slider Table, Patio Furniture
$429.00 | FRONTGATE