Pulasan & Yellow Rambutan

jacob13April 12, 2011

Hello Friends,

Well yesterday, I got a nice little surprise. When I came home on my Lunch Break, there was a Box on my porch from Puerto Rico. I had absolutely no idea what it was or who it was from. After looking closer and racking my brain, it was a Pulasan and Yellow Rambutan from Montoso Gardens. I had ordered them about 5-6 months ago but they held off on the shipping because it was so Cold. I had totally forgoten so it was a nice surprise.

What was even nicer was the condition they were in when I opened it. They are both about 1.5' feet tall and super healthy looking. The packaging was incredible, the best I have ever seen.

Tomorrow, I will post some pictures of them. I have a Humdifier for the small Greenhouse that they are in and hopefully this will help them to stay healthy. Pictures are coming tomorrow.

- Jacob

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ohiojay(z6 OH)

Very nice! Are both grafted or just the rambutan? The last I heard from Bryan was that he was desperately looking for yellow rambutan material himself. Guess he found some! So spill some detail dude!

Bryan, hands down, has the best packing/shipping. Better than anyone I've ordered from so far.

Bookmark   April 12, 2011 at 7:00AM
red_sea_me

What a great surprise to come home to Jacob! Not only is Bryan a nice guy but as Jay mentions the best, hands down, packaging, better than you'd do for yourself.

As alway around here though, we need pictures to believe it. :)

-Ethan

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 1:49AM
jacob13

Hello Friends,

So Here are the Pictures of the Pulsand and "Yellow" Rambutan trees that I just received.

Here are some pictures of Some Recent Cherimoyas off the tree.

Here is a Picture of a Sapodilla that I got from Harry. It was so sweet and absolutely Delicious. The Family loves them

As for the Rambutan and the Pulasan, they are both seedlings and were pretty inexpensive. Again, they arrived in Meticulous condition as Bryan at Montoso is a packaging Genius. See you all at the "Green Scene".

Jacob

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 3:09AM
ohiojay(z6 OH)

I figured the pulasan would be a seedling but would have bet the yellow rambutan would have been grafted. Unfortunately, Bryan does not do much grafting anymore. His brother David is supposed to run the nursery and do the grafting...but he has refused any and all requests.

Bookmark   April 18, 2011 at 7:15AM
jsvand5

Not bad looking trees. I am curious to see how they do for you. I might have to buy a couple myself if you are able to keep them alive. I have spent way too much money trying to get grafted and airlayered pulasans and rambutans but have been unable to even have a plant make it to me in decent condition so far.

Bookmark   April 18, 2011 at 9:51AM
More Discussions
Avocado Emergency-indoor gardener
Avacado with established roots and shoot, knocked over...
thumbsvert
Fertilzing with Alfalfa Pellets
Hi I would like to fertilize my young mangos with alfalfa...
jalilu
Prune MIstake on Guava Tree
I thought my guava tree was dead. It had grown about...
Valdo
Help with longan in pot
My longan in a pot which I put in the greenhouse about...
vanman23
Moringa O. seeds trade for tropical fruit ?
I have several dozen Moringa seeds, i already have...
greenman62
Sponsored Products
Mosaic Six Panel Wall Sconce by Hubbardton Forge
$480.00 | Lumens
Premium 9-foot Yellow Patio Umbrella with Base
Overstock.com
New Red & Ivory Tribal Kazak 8' X 10' Hand Knotted Oriental Wool Area Rug H3649
BH Sun Inc
Marigold Rug
$176.99 | Dot & Bo
Inspire Q Blanca Round Back Sand Yellow Striped Fabric Dining Chairs - Set of 2
$323.48 | Hayneedle
Slither Novelty Chair in Yellow
$15.00 | LexMod
Indoor Area Rug: Contemporary Cherry and Dark Yellow Rectangle 7' 9 x 9' 9" Plus
Home Depot
Percy Leather Chair - Brighton Lemon Grass Yellow
Joybird Furniture
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™